Tremaine Edmunds - Season Highlights

wppete

He's smart, fast, tall over the middle, and can cover. But what I like most is his tackling ability. He's very decisive and explosive when tackling. And I love how he wraps a guy up first with those long arms of his and then kind of whips his body around or slides down the player, using his length and weight to spin or drag the guy down. He doesn't try to lay the big hit or use his helmet in any way, which players often bounce off of anyways, instead, he just puts the guy to the ground with textbook tackling. The kid is going to be really good, very soon.

I mean, that sack of Tannehill over Drake in the finale was a man among boys type of play. I literally shouted "Wow" when he made that play. Give him a full off season of learning and NFL level nutrition and strength and conditioning, etc. And watch out!

Edited by folz
  • Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

He has such a high ceiling. I know some other rookie LB’s had better statistic years and made more impact then Edmunds did. I want to see in 5 years who is what. My belief is Edmunds could be right up there with Roquan as the best LB to come out of this class by far. 

Don’t forget LVE. That said I can LIVE with an elite LB troika of RS, TE and LVE for years to come.

Needs lots of improvement vs the run.  I believe we should sign Thomas Davis and have him play SLB while Lorax plays a bit of everything along the DL.  Davis can then teach Edmunds certain keys that will help him with his calls going forward,

25 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Needs lots of improvement vs the run.  I believe we should sign Thomas Davis and have him play SLB while Lorax plays a bit of everything along the DL.  Davis can then teach Edmunds certain keys that will help him with his calls going forward,

Draft a pass rushing OLB. That is the missing piece on this defense. Let Shaq and Lorax rotate at DE. 

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Draft a pass rushing OLB. That is the missing piece on this defense. Let Shaq and Lorax rotate at DE. 

I don’t believe it is.  Lorax and Shaq May be here next year but long term, I’m not quite sure.  We need to upgrade our pass rush.  Lorax is already a great pass rushing OLB.  We rarely play 3 LBs as it is with Edmunds and Milan being 3 down guys.  Maybe draft a SLB In rd 4+, but I don’t think we should invest much there this offseason.

I’d much rather draft long term answers along the DL as opposed to SLB.  We can find plug and play guys there

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Don’t forget LVE. That said I can LIVE with an elite LB troika of RS, TE and LVE for years to come.

Vander Esch is an interesting one for me. I’m not sure how his career will turn out. Be fun to watch. My hope is we look back on this 2018 class and say ‘wow look at all that great QB and LB talent’.

The lad is a freak! Best thing I noticed this season was how he learned not to instinctively move forward at the snap. It was a cause for concern before the Draft and he got caught being lost in the shuffle many times the 1st half of the season. It showed he learned not to later in the year and DROM in December is a testament to his growth.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

He has such a high ceiling. I know some other rookie LB’s had better statistic years and made more impact then Edmunds did. I want to see in 5 years who is what. My belief is Edmunds could be right up there with Roquan as the best LB to come out of this class by far. 

It depends on what stats you look at.  Edmonds is phenominal in passing situations.

I was reading a thread here of people complaining about him and couldn't understand all the complaining.  He has the respect of the locker room (when Kyle had him do the meeting that should tell you all you need to know) and the media seems high on him too.  I don't watch all 22 or re-watch the games like some on here but all in all I thought he had a promising rookie season, seemed to learn from his early mistakes and I am very excited to see what he can do as he continues to grow.