Thomas Davis won’t be back with Panthers, wants to keep playing

YoloinOhio

Need to check out the PEDs...but if he is clean, the Bills have to do this.  It will help the entire LB corps.....including Tremaine. 

No one knows this system like TD and Luke.  The chance to get one of them will be way too much to pass up.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Veteran minimum....why not?

He is still a high-level player.  I know its hard to believe at 36 but he can still cover TEs and most running backs and is aces against the run.  I have watched him the last 5 years (live in NC) and have been waiting for a drop off-- there has been none.  I offer him 2 years at $6 million ($2.5 million SB and base salaries of $1.75 million per year) and make the same offer to Lorax.  Get both and let them share the position.

This is one ex-Panther I really hope we get...

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 9

Well we can't get swept by the Pats every year and make the playoffs, and they embarrassed us with the run game for like 250 yards on the ground.

It was more than just not having Milano.    We need a 1st and 2nd down run stuffer, Lorax comes in fresh on 3rd downs to cover TE's or rush.

We have the money.  And we also have to assume an injury is coming in the LB corps every season.    Take a hard look at this dude.

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, JoeF said:

He is still a high-level player.  I know its hard to believe at 36 but he can still cover TEs and most running backs and is aces against the run.  I have watched him the last 5 years (live in NC) and have been waiting for a drop off-- there has been none.  I offer him 2 years at $6 million ($2.5 million SB and base salaries of $1.75 million per year) and make the same offer to Lorax.  Get both and let them share the position.

This is one ex-Panther I really hope we get...

Two years might be a bit much at that age, unless it’s structured in a way that protects the team. But why not look into this. You know him better than I do, but when Farther Time calls your number.....