Is Rex Ryan done in the NFL ?

PUNT750

As a head coach, I'd say so. He may be a Wade Phillips. Great coordinator, Terrible HC. My biggest issue with Rex wasn't his X's and O's, so much as his lack of discipline. I always felt he tried to be the player's friend as opposed to their coach/boss. That showed in the amount of penalties the Bills had, and the Jets had towards the end of his time there. 

That said, he's obviously a charismatic guy, and I think will have a successful TV run if he decides to stay there. 

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I wish Miami would hire him.

My brother is a Dolphins fan. He said, enthusiastically and unironically, that he read an internet rumor that they were going after Rex. Made me feel so good about the Bills situation. 

• Like (+1) 2

Rex really has no need to get a HC job.  The Bills still pay him, and he has a good paying job with ESPN.

Down the road, a team may possibly take a flyer on him once he is no longer paid by the Bills, but I would bet that would come from a college team, not a pro team.

15 minutes ago, dezertbill said:

Rex really has no need to get a HC job.  The Bills still pay him, and he has a good paying job with ESPN.

Down the road, a team may possibly take a flyer on him once he is no longer paid by the Bills, but I would bet that would come from a college team, not a pro team.

It’s his ego. He thinks he’s still a good Coach and wants to prove it. He even said he got a raw deal both times he was fired and placed the blame elsewhere. He’s basically a legend in his own mind.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s his ego. He thinks he’s still a good Coach and wants to prove it. He even said he got a raw deal both times he was fired and placed the blame elsewhere. He’s basically a legend in his own mind.

Exactly.  Also, remember when his scumbag brother was fired by the Cowboys?  He said, "I'll be out of work for like five minutes."  Both arrogant pricks.

Its funny to have this discussion as the coaches carousel is unfolding. I was shocked to see Adam Gase being hired again by the Jets as he achieved nothing in Miami. That kind of hire is like the NFL was in the 80s and 90s. Where you had complete idiots coaching who would fail miserably then get rehired (Rich Kotite is probably the best example) and Sh%t the bed in the next place too. Rex would be the epitome of this type of hire if this was to happen now. Rex has achieved absolutely nothing. Perhaps If he had won the SB with that Jets team that defeated the Pats then he would deserve a shot but they came up short in 2010.  What possible delusion would a GM now have to be experiencing to even consider him as a candidate??

• Like (+1) 2

I hated this hiring from 1st day. We had Jim Schwarz. His defense was phenomanal. He proved it winning Super Bowl with Eagles . And we replaced this clever man by this loud mouth fatbag.

We could invite Frank Reich which is friendly to Bills franchise and could have both OC and DC  of Eagles champion team ))

18 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, but he said it in a context implying that he would lead us to victory and coach here successfully for a long time until he died peacefully in his sleep, dreaming of ladies' feet

Speaking into the big toe saying is this thing on....cause its gunna be on

9 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, I love how does features on ESPN About how to shut down Brady after the Pats averaged like 500 yards against us.

dude is poison.  I’ll admit, I bought into his hype.  But the guy never takes the blame and it’s always someone else’s fault.  He is the type of person that will never learn from his mistakes.  I would never want a guy like that on my staff as a head coach.  He would completely undermine you. 

Well said, I think what was most frustrating was that Rex managed to cause our defense to significantly regress despite being know for being good at defense.

PFF had an article on most improved players. The year after Bradham and Mario left Rex's scheme they both were selected by PFF as having significantly improved.

21 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Ha. I would love to see the Bills annihilate Brady as much as the next guy, but there's something really impressive about his focus. He has everything any human being could ever want, is the most accomplished NFL QB of all time, is over 40, but continues to work his ass off to be great. It's remarkable. Having said that, can't wait until the day I don't look at the schedule and pencil in a loss for both games against New England.

Pencil? 

3 hours ago, Bad Things said:

God, I sure hope he's done.

Happy to see him replace BB

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1