Is Rex Ryan done in the NFL ?

PUNT750

He was a never was in the NFL to be fair. His schemes were thought to be groundbreaking, but in reality they only worked because he was gifted the three best defensive players of the past 20 years (Revis, Lewis, and Reed). Once they were gone, the obvious holes in the game plan came to bare.

Edited by LikeIGiveADarn

3 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

If you were a GM, would you put your job on the line to hire Rex as your head coach?  I doubt there are any current GM's that would.

If I had a 12 year old daughter, I would hope she would know better. 

I have tried to raise my kids correctly. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Honestly? I think he is too lazy. I think he used to put in the long hours of film study and administration that head coaches must, but by the time he got to the bills I got the sense that he did not put in the time anymore. So no, I think he is done.

But heck, if I had $20 million and more coming in, I'd want to be lazy too.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

Rex is now only 57 years old.  His net worth is $20 mil.  He still receives $4 mil per year from the Bills. 

His first head coaching opportunity came with the New York Jets. He led the team for six seasons, compiling a record of 46-50-0 and into two AFC Championship games. He then joined the Buffalo Bills and was HC  from 2015 to 2016, leading the team to a 15-17-0 record during his two seasons as head coach.

Can he still be a factor in future NFL coaching opportunities???  Was he a one-shot wonder HC ?

Wouldn't be very surprised to see him as a coordinator at some point. HC is probably a stretch.

He might need to put in some time in coach rehab, at a college somewhere or something.

8 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

Rex is now only 57 years old.  His net worth is $20 mil.  He still receives $4 mil per year from the Bills. 

His first head coaching opportunity came with the New York Jets. He led the team for six seasons, compiling a record of 46-50-0 and into two AFC Championship games. He then joined the Buffalo Bills and was HC  from 2015 to 2016, leading the team to a 15-17-0 record during his two seasons as head coach.

Can he still be a factor in future NFL coaching opportunities???  Was he a one-shot wonder HC ?

The fact is teams know he about winning the press conference, then he just stinks the place up.  Had a couple of good seasons with the Jets and that is it. 

7 hours ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

If you were a GM, would you put your job on the line to hire Rex as your head coach?  I doubt there are any current GM's that would.

Mike Tannenbaum has been the only GM to do it.  I can't see any other GM being that stupid.

10 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

He will need to take a DC job. I would recommend he takes a job with one of these young coaches so he can control everything while they won't threaten him.  He should go to Arizona where they already run a 3-4

Yeah, I love how does features on ESPN About how to shut down Brady after the Pats averaged like 500 yards against us.

dude is poison.  I’ll admit, I bought into his hype.  But the guy never takes the blame and it’s always someone else’s fault.  He is the type of person that will never learn from his mistakes.  I would never want a guy like that on my staff as a head coach.  He would completely undermine you. 

• Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

Rex Ryan is done in the NFL, IMHO

36 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hmmmm ?

I could totally see this happening. Honestly, there aren't too many veteran 3-4 guys out there. It is not a good idea, but I could see it. It's crazy that they just moved to a 4-3 and are now going to be a 3-4 again. 

11 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

Rex was done when the Jest fired him.

Its been a while since he coached a winning team and with the focus on offensive minded coaches I can't see him getting another chance anytime soon.  I honestly think his heart wasn't into it while he coached in Buffalo.  He seemed to love the attention more than he did coaching.