Jets select Adam Gase as HC

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree. It wouldn't surprise me if in three years the Jets feel pretty good about Darnold but are still stuck between 6 and 9 wins and ditch Gase to move on.

That's pretty much where I am on this. Gase should help Darnold develop, but I am not sold on him being a HC. Honestly seems like one of those guys that is just a much better coordinator than HC.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, eball said:

Not quite sure why you're beating this drum, but if you can't see the difference in the culture McD has established in Buffalo and what Gase "established" in Miami I just can't help ya, kid.  McD kept the Bills competitive with perhaps the least talented roster in the league.  Gase lost his locker room, his team imploded, and he got himself canned.  Still having trouble seeing who is the better leader?

I am firmly with you here. Gase doesn't such as a football coach. He sucks as a leader.

30 minutes ago, teef said:

oh my.  i didn't say gase was terrible or mcdermott was good.  i just felt that comparing win percentages of a coach that was beginning the third year of a rebuild to a coach that had his chance, coached multiple year and failed, wasn't correct or honest.  i guess you just can't understand that.  since you have no argument and are coming off looking a bit foolish, you fall back on calling people homers, and nonsense comments that were never actually said.  you easily prove my point.  

edit:  to be fair, i'm not even saying gase is a bad coach.  he may do well and you may be right.  i just was shocked that you think comparing win percentages is an intelligent, reasonable way of comparing the two.  it's not, and either you don't understand that, or you just can't admit you look a bit foolish after all of this.

He's just tilting at windmills again. That's pretty much his thing.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Gase would have been better off in a place like Greenbay or Arizona. I don't think he has what it takes to be in NY and see this move backfiring on the Jets.

quite plausible

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

LOL. My take: Bills fans think they hate the Pats more than anyone else, but I can assure that Jets fans hate them more than we do. Who is the one coach who has given Belichick fits the last few years? Adam Gase. This is at least in part about the Pats. 

What about the other teams on the schedule?  Rex was said to give the Pats trouble too.  What happened to him, twice? ?

48 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

I never understand why calling someone a homer is perceived as a bad thing.

What the hell is wrong with being a homer? The difference between a homer and other fans is that a homer KNOWS they can do NOTHING to change the trajectory of their team's successes. Not one damn thing. So instead of pretending we're smarter than NFL execs and instead of pretending our thoughts matter, we just enjoy the ride...win or lose? The only other option is to not follow the team, and that's not an option for me.

So I willingly choose to watch and cheer and be a homer.

I'm LABillzFan and I'm a homer. Wouldn't you like to be a homer too?

I think you know this but I spent years being called a homer.  It’s funny to do to others.

i will say being a “realist” makes watching games so much easier.  I used to get so mad when they lost when I was a homer. Now, I get pleasantly surprised  when they win.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think you know this but I spent years being called a homer.  It’s funny to do to others.

i will say being a “realist” makes watching games so much easier.  I used to get so mad when they lost when I was a homer. Now, I get pleasantly surprised  when they win.

personal simple test:

am i willing to put $1,000 on the Bills to win this game?

If not, relax and look for good things for the future in the game

13 minutes ago, row_33 said:

personal simple test:

am i willing to put $1,000 on the Bills to win this game?

If not, relax and look for good things for the future in the game

I already decided if the Bills, god willingly ever make the SB, I’m putting $1000 on the other team. A win-win.

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I already decided if the Bills, god willingly ever make the SB, I’m putting $1000 on the other team. A win-win.

What if the other team's starting qb, wr, rb and oline has the flu and can't play due to dehydration?  Do you still not put money on the Bills? ?

Edited by loyal2dagame

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It was fun waking up on Sundays with a 95% certainty the Bills would win or play like hell out there, and easily stomp a visiting team.

Probably never happening against since the early 90s....

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I honestly think he's overrated. I never feared the Dolphins under him, and Darnold is hardly a lock to even match Tanny.

I would take that bet. And I never fear a coach.  But I think a big reason we never feared Miami is because they have Tannehill.  He’s not good enough but Gase was forced to have him.

Darnold is most talented qb he has had since Manning.  SD may turn out to be a bust but I won’t just brush this off.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

6 hours ago, Steptide said:

Probably not, but there's been other times they've beaten the Pats with gase. Last year on Monday night comes to mind 

Actually yea in all seriousness tho,  the Dolphins have been really good vs the Pats when playing in Miami. I think Brady is like 7-9 down there. Maybe it’s the heat? 

http://www.espn.com/blog/miami-dolphins/post/_/id/28282/how-miami-has-been-a-danger-zone-for-patriots-and-tom-brady

Edited by Idandria