Jets select Adam Gase as HC

YoloinOhio

11 minutes ago, teef said:

we don't know what our staff is yet.  i get not liking them, but trying to prove something by comparing winning percentage isn't accurate.  do you understand why?

I’m not the one calling Gase terrible.  He was saddled with a meh QBs who got hurt.  You are severely overrating the Miami talent level.  The Jets, Bills, and Fins all have he same average to below average rosters.

4 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Bad GM

Yeah, Tannenbaum wasn't good either.  But neither was Tannehill.  Gase had middling results, so why is he fired after three years?  I'm not saying he's a bad coach.  I'm saying he doesn't seem that great.  I don't see some young, offensive mastermind.  He didn't even have enough sense to give Drake the rock more often, when he seemed to be the most impactful player he had on offense.  

5 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Yeah, Tannenbaum wasn't good either.  But neither was Tannehill.  Gase had middling results, so why is he fired after three years?  I'm not saying he's a bad coach.  I'm saying he doesn't seem that great.  I don't see some young, offensive mastermind.  He didn't even have enough sense to give Drake the rock more often, when he seemed to be the most impactful player he had on offense.  

True but Gase was the one with full personnel control 

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’m not the one calling Gase terrible.  He was saddled with a meh QBs who got hurt.  You are severely overrating the Miami talent level.  The Jets, Bills, and Fins all have he same average to below average rosters.

you're trying to prove gase isn't terrible by comparing wins or win percentages with mcd.  that's whats terrible.  you also blast our staff for tearing down this roster, then use roster as an excuse for why gase wasn't better.  there was a number of posters that showed you why your logic is completely faulty.  it's up to you weather or not you want to process it.  if you're going to argue something, at least make sense.

Edited by teef
  • Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

Now in terms of being a leader of men? Thats another story....

This was my thought. In the years he coached Miami, I don't think I've seen an entire team check out so quickly once things got tough. Seems to be no sense of team and brotherhood. They'd be down 10 points and it was like, "Eh, screw it."

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- The New York Jets are expected to hire Adam Gase as their new head coach, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter and Jeff Darlington.

Former Cleveland Browns interim head coach Gregg Williams is under consideration for the defensive coordinator position, sources told ESPN.

(and more) 

The Jets reached out to Gase soon after he was fired by the Miami Dolphins on Dec. 31. He was only 23-25 in three seasons, but he dominated the Jets, winning five of six meetings.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25724125/adam-gase-expected-hired-new-york-jets-head-coach

8 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Here's the final sentence on Manish's story:

"Time will reveal whether they were right this time, but it sure looks and feels like they nailed it with Gase. "

Gase and McCarthy both looked like they would at least maximize Darnold. I'd have picked McCarthy if I were the GM.

Manish's comment was pretty reasonable, IMHO. I think Gase's got a decent chance. It always seemed to me that it was Miami and Tannehill holding Gase back rather than the reverse. Time will tell. Hope I'm wrong, as a Jets team mired in failure is always an entertaining spectacle.

Joe and Evan on wfan just called Manish “Sarah Huckabee Mehta.” DEAD.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Joe and Evan on wfan just called Manish “Sarah Huckabee Mehta.” DEAD.

LOL. My take: Bills fans think they hate the Pats more than anyone else, but I can assure that Jets fans hate them more than we do. Who is the one coach who has given Belichick fits the last few years? Adam Gase. This is at least in part about the Pats. 

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

LOL. My take: Bills fans think they hate the Pats more than anyone else, but I can assure that Jets fans hate them more than we do. Who is the one coach who has given Belichick fits the last few years? Adam Gase. This is at least in part about the Pats

if this is the case, it's an even worse hire than i thought.  they should be planning for the future, and not worrying about a year or two more of brady.

10 minutes ago, teef said:

if this is the case, it's an even worse hire than i thought.  they should be planning for the future, and not worrying about a year or two more of brady.

i don't think many coaches, trying to turn around a bad team,  sit down with owners and tell them to not worry about the next two season

8 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

LOL. My take: Bills fans think they hate the Pats more than anyone else, but I can assure that Jets fans hate them more than we do. Who is the one coach who has given Belichick fits the last few years? Adam Gase. This is at least in part about the Pats. 

I felt that way about Rex. He had had some success vs Brady and it clouded my judgment. 

4 minutes ago, teef said:

The future is the next two seasons. They will be expected to win next season, and win big. They have $100 million in cap space and a promising qb going into year 2. 

28 minutes ago, teef said:

you're trying to prove gase isn't terrible by comparing wins or win percentages with mcd.  that's whats terrible.  you also blast our staff for tearing down this roster, then use roster as an excuse for why gase wasn't better.  there was a number of posters that showed you why your logic is completely faulty.  it's up to you weather or not you want to process it.  if you're going to argue something, at least make sense.

How are you making sense?  Seriously, compare their roster to ours.  Their receiving core kinda sucks.  Their defense kinda sucks.  Tannehill kinda sucks.

again, you’re the one getting fired up.  I just said it’s hkmer logic to say Gase is terrible while ignoring our own coach’s record.  

But trusting the process is genius.  Trade good players, so you can say you don’t have talent and you just need more time.  

12 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

i wonder why then that most of the base on the Jets bulletin board is melting down over the hire.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

How are you making sense?  Seriously, compare their roster to ours.  Their receiving core kinda sucks.  Their defense kinda sucks.  Tannehill kinda sucks.

again, you’re the one getting fired up.  I just said it’s hkmer logic to say Gase is terrible while ignoring our own coach’s record.  

But trusting the process is genius.  Trade good players, so you can say you don’t have talent and you just need more time.  

I think where your logic fails a little bit is that McDermott hasn't had his year 3 yet. It's *always* been about year 3 since he and Beane came on board. Frankly, I think they were shocked to go 9-7 last year with that roster. With regard to Gase, he supposedly finally had the team he wanted this season (he's a "process" guy too, and he dumped a lot of talent), and the team simply failed. They were basically 6-10, but they of course won a game that they had no business winning (vs NE, a game they were completely dominated in). Anyway, don't pass judgment on McDermott/Beane or make comparisons to Gase until after year 3. 

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

i wonder why then that most of the base on the Jets bulletin board is melting down over the hire.

Because they're fans?

11 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i don't think many coaches, trying to turn around a bad team,  sit down with owners and tell them to not worry about the next two season

7 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The future is the next two seasons. They will be expected to win next season, and win big. They have $100 million in cap space and a promising qb going into year 2. 

you don't ignore the next two years, but i wouldn't think of it as the future.  they should have darnold for a long time, so i can't imagine there's enormous pressure to win next year. (i  get that there's always pressure to win).

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

i'm not fired up at all.  i'm just shocked you can't understand what posters are trying to explain.  it's ok.  you be you.

13 minutes ago, teef said:

you don't ignore the next two years, but i wouldn't think of it as the future.  they should have darnold for a long time, so i can't imagine there's enormous pressure to win next year. (i  get that there's always pressure to win).

i'm not fired up at all.  i'm just shocked you can't understand what posters are trying to explain.  it's ok.  you be you.

you make total sense, but an owner isn't always overflowing in common sense and patience

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I think where your logic fails a little bit is that McDermott hasn't had his year 3 yet. It's *always* been about year 3 since he and Beane came on board. Frankly, I think they were shocked to go 9-7 last year with that roster. With regard to Gase, he supposedly finally had the team he wanted this season (he's a "process" guy too, and he dumped a lot of talent), and the team simply failed. They were basically 6-10, but they of course won a game that they had no business winning (vs NE, a game they were completely dominated in). Anyway, don't pass judgment on McDermott/Beane or make comparisons to Gase until after year 3. 

Because they're fans?

That’s fair.  I think people underestimate how much Tannehill sucks (sucks might be strong but he is the definition of a meh qb plus he can’t move anymore).  Their roster kinda sucks too.  Who is their number 1 receiver?  Kenny Stills?  They have maybe 2 good players on defense.

i would easily take Darnold and the Jets roster over Miami’s.  Imo, Gase will maximize SD’s potential.  I guess you can argue over how good he will be but I don’t think it is a bad hire at all.  Miami had a very limited Qb and roster.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

That’s fair.  I think people underestimate how much Tannehill sucks (sucks might be strong but he is the definition of a meh qb plus he can’t move anymore).  Their roster kinda sucks too.  Who is their number 1 receiver?  Kenny Stills?  They have maybe 2 good players on defense.

i would easily take Darnold and the Jets roster over Miami’s.  Imo, Gase will maximize SD’s potential.  I guess you can argue over how good he will be but I don’t think it is a bad hire at all.  Miami had a very limited Qb and roster.

I agree that he's in a better position in NY. I also have a hunch they'll get Le'Veon Bell, which will transform them.