Jets select Adam Gase as HC

YoloinOhio

I honestly thought this thread title was a joke. They used to say Don Shula could switch locker rooms and beat you with your roster and then switch back and beat you with his. That same thing is often suggested of Belichick. I don’t think ANYONE has ever thought about it with Adam Gase. Sheeesh!

That's a terrible choice by the Jets.  

I'm of the opinion that these fired coaches need a year off to reassess and recharge. There are probably precious few examples of where a fired coach goes to a new team and is an immediate success.  

Plus, I don't think he's a leader of men and that's important for that position.  The Dolphins legitimately quit on him once they were eliminated from the playoffs.  

6 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

It's a great hire.  Gase is a legit offensive coach.  He took Miami to places they had no business even being in.

Darnold is going to be spectular with Gase. 

Like I said if he was fired, I would have dumped McDermott in a heartbeat for Gase.

i appreciate you as a poster.  your opinions are unique.  

9 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

It's a great hire.  Gase is a legit offensive coach.  He took Miami to places they had no business even being in.

Darnold is going to be spectular with Gase. 

Like I said if he was fired, I would have dumped McDermott in a heartbeat for Gase.

All I hear about Gase is that players don't respect him.  It showed every year when his team would just throw in the towel whenever the going got tough.

9 minutes ago, Jobot said:

All I hear about Gase is that players don't respect him.  It showed every year when his team would just throw in the towel whenever the going got tough.

He threatened to trade players to the Browns if they didn’t fall in line. Vets went to ownership and asked to be traded if he was retained. Traded players bashed his coaching and “leadership” after leaving. He was supposed to be good at one thing - offense and QB development - and failed at both.

Gase had final say on all players per his contract. The “bad GM” excuse is amazing. 

Are there worse HC choices? Probably. Hue. Rex. But to have an opportunity to hire a new HC with your promising young QB and a billion dollars of cap and go this route... there will be FAs who don’t want to play for him and it will impact their ability to sign guys imo

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Idandria said:

Are they counting that bogus win they had against Pats* on the hook and ladder play when Gronk was playing safety? Because that ain’t happening EVER again. 

Probably not, but there's been other times they've beaten the Pats with gase. Last year on Monday night comes to mind 

11 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

Miami was projected to make the playoffs every year.

Projected by who? The same people we say don’t know what they are talking about for projecting us to be bad? 

I look at that Miami team under Gase and I didn’t see a whole lot of talent. 

WFAN was talking about how the Bills came in and wiped the floor with their roster with a bunch of rookies and backups and a QB off the street, and then curb stomped Gase in the last game where he needed to save his job. They said it’s a match made in hell. Lol

i mean, we will see. It could work out. But I can see how the jets fans are saying they want to burn jerseys and sell their seasons though. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He threatened to trade players to the Browns if they didn’t fall in line. Vets went to ownership and asked to be traded if he was retained. Traded players bashed his coaching and “leadership” after leaving. He was supposed to be good at one thing - offense and QB development - and failed at both.

Gase had final say on all players per his contract. The “bad GM” excuse is amazing. 

Are there worse HC choices? Probably. Hue. Rex. But to have an opportunity to hire a new HC with your promising young QB and a billion dollars of cap and go this route... there will be FAs who don’t want to play for him and it will impact their ability to sign guys imo

Eh.  It’s NYC area and plays will go where they can win and make a lot of money.  Receivers will go to play with Darnold if they believe in him.  

They wanted Kingsbury and couldn’t get him.  But Gase has gotten the best seasons out of basically every qb he has coached. I wish I could say that same for our OC.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

WFAN was talking about how the Bills came in and wiped the floor with their roster with a bunch of rookies and backups and a QB off the street, and then curb stomped Gase in the last game where he needed to save his job. They said it’s a match made in hell. Lol

NY media is always known for their balance and rational takes.

i have a feeling we might not think this is as terrible next year.  I think people were laughing at Miami the year they made the playoffs in the offseason.  

Again, if he can maximize Darnold, the Jets have a good future.

25 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

i mean, we will see. It could work out. But I can see how the jets fans are saying they want to burn jerseys and sell their seasons though. 

Been that way mostly since 1968 for Jets fans 

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

Been that way mostly since 1968 for Jets fans 

Well they finally have their QB (imo). Now need to get the coach right. When the best thing they can say is “well there weren’t a lot of options this hiring cycle” and the best player on the team Jamal Adams endorsed every other candidate but him during the interview process and now is radio silent on social media (probably talked to his buddy Landry) it’s a bit worrisome. 

Overall it will depend on the roster. It’s a rebuild like we are. I think Gase will want a lot of input as he demanded that in Miami. 

Just now, teef said:

really?  do you not realize the flaw with this argument?  

You don’t see in the flaw of all this posts trashing the guy?  Our coach has a worse record than Gase and inherited a better team.

im not saying SM sucks.  I’m just saying there are so many double standards on this board.