Jets select Adam Gase as HC

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

So St. Louis is the new Siberia? What say you @Hapless Bills Fan?

We have to like this knowing we typically spilt with NYJ & MIA, and occasionally sweep them while being crappy ourselves. 

Knock it outta the Park this offseason, McBeane! The Yellow Brick Road is paved!

With a wuickly aging brady I dont necessarily disagree.  But the Jets just got better, just not better than us.

Can't say that I'm impressed with this hire, but I can see what the Jets are trying to accomplish here if they (Jets and Gase) are open to retain the defensive system intact and Gase can develop Darnold, it could work. The thing is I don't really know if Gase deserves the "QB developer or the QB guru" tag.

I was never impressed with his offense in Miami, I know he didn't have great QBs, but he never broke the average line in points for and yards.

In 2016 Phins ranked 17th in points for and 24th in yards

In 2017 Phins ranked 28th in points for and 25th in yards

In 2018 Phins ranked 26th in points for and 31th in yards

Time will tell, thumbs down if I were a Jets fan right now.

AFC East will looks like it could be a mess . Good for us 

New England will unfortunately still win the division 

but this what I can picture of course things could drastically change 

New England 11-5 

Buffalo 10-6 ( wild card ) 

Miami 5-11 

NY Jets 3-13 

Only time will tell 

And the NFL continues to be the NFL, rotating the same tired names from location to location to location.

I thought McCarthy was singularly targeting NYJ as his landing spot?

Glad he's not in the AFC East, at least as of now.

9 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

15-17 Overall Record

4-8 in AFC East

1 Playoff Appearnce and 0-1 in Playoffs

Whoops that is Coach McDermotts Record.

actually in Miami Gase through two seasons was 

16-16 Overall Record

6-6 in AFC East

1 Playoff Appearnce and 0-1 in Playoffs

Just two sides of the same coin.

the only thing I can say about this is even tho it's only 6 - 6 in AFCE, some of those wins are against the 1 AFCE team the rest can't seem to beat and that the Pats***

• Like (+1) 1

Personally, I'm glad the Jets made this hire. His offenses haven't really been that innovative and he misused the talent he had in Miami, especially Stills and Drake. Hopefully he does the same thing in NY and wastes the next 2-3 years for them with Darnold at the helm. 

Gase is a mediocre head coach who thinks he is Bill Belichick.  He seriously needed to check his ego in Miami and didn't.  He refused to use the talent he had based on whatever issue he had at any given point.

I am sorry but to say Miami had no talent is ridiculous. Who here wouldn't have traded olines with them this year? Not sure what his personal issue was with Kenyan Drake but he is a talented back. He had both Drake and Damien Williams two seasons ago.  He let Williams go, then decided to bring in gore rather than feature Drake who was younger and cheaper.  That team had talent and he pissed it away or cut it because he has ego issues

And not for nothing why didn't Denver run back to him?  They could really use an offensive "mastermind"

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 1

Not the sexiest hire but some of you are goingva little overboard.  He is a pretty solid qb teacher.  Tannehill is what he is.  If Darnold really has elite skills (honestly, he confuses me), this could be a solid hire.  He wasn’t close to as bad as some of you want him to be.  Miami is a wasteland for football.  With a few moves this offseason, the Jersey Jets will be far more talented than the Fins.  

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Not the sexiest hire but some of you are goingva little overboard.  He is a pretty solid qb teacher.  Tannehill is what he is.  If Darnold really has elite skills (honestly, he confuses me), this could be a solid hire.  He wasn’t close to as bad as some of you want him to be.  Miami is a wasteland for football.  With a few moves this offseason, the Jersey Jets will be far more talented than the Fins.  

Then he should be a QB coach or OC, not a HC.  He just proved he's not a good HC.

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Then he should be a QB coach or OC, not a HC.  He just proved he's not a good HC.

In his first job, in place with RT as a qb, where no one cares.  He had a better record after 2 years than our coach.

like I said, it’s not an exciting hire.  But it’s not close to as bad as some are making it out to be.  It’s really all about Darnold.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

In his first job, in place with RT as a qb, where no one cares.  He had a better record after 2 years than our coach.

like I said, it’s not an exciting hire.  But it’s not close to as bad as some are making it out to be.  It’s really all about Darnold.

His issue is attitude and personnel choices - he couldn’t tolerate Ajayi and Landry and ran them out of there.

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

His issue is attitude and personnel choices - he couldn’t tolerate Ajayi and Landry and ran them out of there.

Ajayi sucks and I don’t think Landry is worth that money.  I will say he needs to use his playmakers more (as a fantasy guy, I never got why Drake didn’t get the ball more) and pick a better DC.

but it’s weird that Bills fans are mocking him like SM is some far superior coach.  I’d argue that SM is the defensive Adam Gase.  

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The head to head was 3-1 McD, and Gase would have gone 0-4 if Clay  makes one catch. 

You remembered to include tannehill’s injuries but forgot to include that McD lost his starting QB for 6  weeks this season and had two guys off the street playing QB

it was also Gase’s decision to bring in Cutler last year - and pay him 10 mill! He had him in Chicago for a year and arrogantly thought he could win with him, or he wouldn’t have paid him that much.

the roster excuses are hard to take seriously - considering he had full control over the entire thing 

http://www.espn.com/blog/miami-dolphins/post/_/id/19391/new-dolphins-head-coach-adam-gase-also-in-charge-of-53-man-roster

Lets not forget  NE's record in Miami.....  Maybe Gase was part of that losing record for Tommy 

1 hour ago, Tsaikotic said:

the only thing I can say about this is even tho it's only 6 - 6 in AFCE, some of those wins are against the 1 AFCE team the rest can't seem to beat and that the Pats***

Though Miami having the Pats number in Miami pre-dates Gase. 

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea. If the Bills had just hired Gase as HC the same fans mocking the move now would be finding ways to praise it.

I wouldn't be. I'd be saying exactly the same. Good offensive mind but just not cut out to be a Head Coach. He doesn't have the personality for it. If the Bills hired him as an OC I'd be pretty happy. 

• Like (+1) 2

as a fan, i've never been nervous for the bills to go against a gase led team.  i can't imagine this changes.

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea. If the Bills had just hired Gase as HC the same fans mocking the move now would be finding ways to praise it.

scott talk!

• Haha (+1) 1