Jets select Adam Gase as HC

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Hebert19 said:

He hasn't been in the middle of a tear down.  They were supposed to be set up for success in miami and he squandered it. 

A self inflicted tear down.  And how was Miami set up for success?  They have mediocre Tannehill, who got injured and was forced to bring Culter off a cigarette binge to play for a year.  

Edited by C.Biscuit97

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You don’t see in the flaw of all this posts trashing the guy?  Our coach has a worse record than Gase and inherited a better team.

im not saying SM sucks.  I’m just saying there are so many double standards on this board.  

again, do you not see the flaw in comparing records at this point?  i'm sure you do, yet it's kinda your thing.  you spend a lot of time being upset at posters for how  they react to players once the left the bills, yet you take a lot of opportunities to bash our own staff.

if you don't love mcd, i get it, but comparing records the way you are is just wrong.

Just now, teef said:

again, do you not see the flaw in comparing records at this point?  i'm sure you do, yet it's kinda your thing.  you spend a lot of time being upset at posters for how  they react to players once the left the bills, yet you take a lot of opportunities to bash our own staff.

if you don't love mcd, i get it, but comparing records the way you are is just wrong.

Nah, I just call out double standards. I forgot McBean are heroes for trading away a bunch of talent, getting scrubs like Matthews and Benjamin, and lucking into the playoffs (which bought him this season).

But yeah, calling Gase a terrible coach when our coach has a worse winning % is dumb.  Is this what I sounded like when I was a homer? It’s not rational. 

What an uninspiring choice.  I know they want to help Darnold develop but I never saw anything from the Dolphins that made me think this guy had the leadership skills be be a great NFL head Coach.

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Our coach has a worse record than Gase

Gase's team is spending $56 million more on their active roster this year than we are, but only won 1 more game than us. In our 2 games this year we outgained them 796 to 400 yards, and outscored them 59 to 38.

I know you're going to die on this hill regardless but that's why your point is meaningless.

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Well they finally have their QB (imo). Now need to get the coach right. When the best thing they can say is “well there weren’t a lot of options this hiring cycle” and the best player on the team Jamal Adams endorsed every other candidate but him during the interview process and now is radio silent on social media (probably talked to his buddy Landry) it’s a bit worrisome. 

Overall it will depend on the roster. It’s a rebuild like we are. I think Gase will want a lot of input as he demanded that in Miami. 

Richard Todd looked good for awhile, Vinnie was a decent QB

13 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

This is good for the Bills :D

Jets fans not happy...

http://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/adam-gase-new-hc.91802/

DarelleRevis.Human?

"This might just edge out the day my father died as being the saddest day of my life"

You can't help but love our Jets brethren in misery.  You really can't.

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Gase's team is spending $56 million more on their active roster this year than we are, but only won 1 more game than us. In our 2 games this year we outgained them 796 to 400 yards, and outscored them 59 to 38.

I know you're going to die on this hill regardless but that's why your point is meaningless.

What hill am I dying on haha? Homer logic:  your coach sucks and our coach is good despite your coach having a better record? ?

The best part is I have not once said SM is a bad coach.  I’m just showing how irrational it is to trash Gase and say how terrible he is.  I can’t believe he didn’t go better than 6-10 with Jay Cutler and mediocre, injured Tannehill! What a bum!

if Darnold, who was a way better prospect than Tannehill, is good, Gase will be fine.  He upgraded his situation. 

Edited by C.Biscuit97

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

What hill am I dying on haha? Homer logic:  your coach sucks and our coach is good despite your coach having a better record? ?

The best part is I have not once said SM is a bad coach.  I’m just showing how irrational it is to trash Gase and say how terrible he is.  I can’t believe he didn’t go better than 6-10 with Jay Cutler and mediocre, injured Tannehill! What a bum!

Bills and Jets fans arguing is like two hobos fighting over a cigarette filter in the gutter.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Jobot said:

All I hear about Gase is that players don't respect him.  It showed every year when his team would just throw in the towel whenever the going got tough.

We had a guy quit at halftime.

McDermott has the most blowouts in games than I have ever seen for a coach.

Don't confuse effort with results.  Just because a score is uneven, doesn't mean a player quit.

22 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Nah, I just call out double standards. I forgot McBean are heroes for trading away a bunch of talent, getting scrubs like Matthews and Benjamin, and lucking into the playoffs (which bought him this season).

But yeah, calling Gase a terrible coach when our coach has a worse winning % is dumb.  Is this what I sounded like when I was a homer? It’s not rational. 

we don't know what our staff is yet.  i get not liking them, but trying to prove something by comparing winning percentage isn't accurate.  do you understand why?

3 minutes ago, teef said:

we don't know what our staff is yet.  i get not liking them, but trying to prove something by comparing winning percentage isn't accurate.  do you understand why?

Context appears to be troubling for many here. 

• Like (+1) 1