Jets select Adam Gase as HC

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Having watched some of his Dolphins Post Games...Gase is a very akward guy at the podium who hides under his hat.  Which is pulled down as far as it can go where sometimes all you see is mouth moving.

I would suspect...you put some people in a ball cap, with a jacket and sweat pants and put them out on the football field...they are going to be normal and pretty good coach.

You put the same person in a suit and tie, take away theie security blanket (the hat) and tell them to stand in front of lights and cameras...they might de-evolve.

My wife has a very public profession where she is required to talk to many people out in social settings and she’s great at it...BUT you ask her to talk about herself in front of a group of people and she becomes a disaster.

Anxiety, fear of public speaking, shyness.  Some sort of combination I would think.

Ha.  I can relate.  I am going to cut the guy a break.

Holy crap.

My brother in law told me I had go watch the press conference, that the dude looked like he was on drugs. I am over here peeing my pants watching it. And it doesn't look, or make much sense as (this isn't his first HC job or interview) like nerves to me...looks like somebody trippin out or who just came back from the eye doctor.

Or maybe, right at that moment for the first time...he really realized he'd agreed to be the HC for the Jets....

Edited by Golden*Wheels

He must have done a **** ton of drugs before that press conference the other day because it looks like they still haven’t worn off... 

Either that or he kept the party going into the next day. Dude is hard core! lol

Edited by BillsFan4

3 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

Holy crap.

My brother in law told me I had go watch the press conference, that the dude looked like he was on drugs. I am over here peeing my pants watching it. And it doesn't look, or make much sense as (this isn't his first HC job or interview) like nerves to me...looks like somebody trippin out or who just came back from the eye doctor.

Or maybe, right at that moment for the first time...he really realized he'd agreed to be the HC for the Jets....

WAIT ....

Is Gase related to your Avatar?  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, blacklabel said:

That's his background. He helped Peyton Manning resurrect his career in Denver. That put him on the map and eventually lead to head coaching jobs. 

Peyton Manning forgot more about playing QB than Gase ever knew.  Gase had nothing to do with it.  

3 hours ago, blacklabel said:

That's his background. He helped Peyton Manning resurrect his career in Denver. That put him on the map and eventually lead to head coaching jobs. 

Being his OC did put him on the map, but his personal QB coach David Cutcliffe (Duke HC) is the one who helped Peyton come back from the neck injury. And he was a HOF QB before he ever met Gase. His career didn’t need resurrected outside of the neck situation.

https://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2012/10/post_235.html

Edited by YoloinOhio

19 hours ago, blacklabel said:

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

What???

:lol: I almost spit my coffee out when I read that.  "Resurrect his career" -- that's gold, Jerry!

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, eball said:

:lol: I almost spit my coffee out when I read that.  "Resurrect his career" -- that's gold, Jerry!

better a mediocrity that has talent fall into his lap and win than a genius who loses

(for most folk...)