Jets select Adam Gase as HC

YoloinOhio

On 1/9/2019 at 7:55 PM, MrEpsYtown said:

I think he will get Darnold coached up. I think marriage of him and the New York media will be fun to watch.

Agree. I said this to one of my friends the other day, huge Jet fan.

Die hard Jet fans are not pleased. They wanted Mike McCarthy.

I think Gase and darnold can do well together, how Gase handled the ny media is another story.

I think the Jets will play better with Gase.

3 hours ago, blacklabel said:

He looks friggin' nuts. I think he's trying to look "intense/serious" or something but maybe he should've practiced in a mirror because he looks like the kinda guy who lures you into his van with candy and Nintendo and then turns you into a lampshade. 

He might be a good coordinator, he's probably a really good QB coach, but the Dolphins under his leadership were one of the softest teams in the league. There seemed to be no sense of unity or brotherhood among any of the rosters he coached. Those teams would get down by a couple scores and that was it, everyone checked out. I've heard that from day one when he went to Miami there was constant discord in the locker room and he could never get a handle on things. I feel like the Jets rolled with him because of what he might be able to do with Darnold. But if he can't successfully lead the entire team it'll never matter.

Ive read similar stories but he inherited that team from Philbin. It was philbin who was soft. Gase cleaned up a little that year so they gave him the job to see if he could fix it, they made the playoffs on a miracle run in 16 and that was as far as he got. Once they started shipping out stars it was over .

4 hours ago, blacklabel said:

He looks friggin' nuts. I think he's trying to look "intense/serious" or something but maybe he should've practiced in a mirror because he looks like the kinda guy who lures you into his van with candy and Nintendo and then turns you into a lampshade. 

He might be a good coordinator, he's probably a really good QB coach, but the Dolphins under his leadership were one of the softest teams in the league. There seemed to be no sense of unity or brotherhood among any of the rosters he coached. Those teams would get down by a couple scores and that was it, everyone checked out. I've heard that from day one when he went to Miami there was constant discord in the locker room and he could never get a handle on things. I feel like the Jets rolled with him because of what he might be able to do with Darnold. But if he can't successfully lead the entire team it'll never matter.

Why is he probably a good QB  coach?

10 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

10 hours ago, PIZ said:

Seriously, what is wrong with this guy?  Are there other examples of him acting like this?

someone in NY/NJ must have slipped something into his water.       Have we ever seen this come out of Miami? 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, PIZ said:

Seriously, what is wrong with this guy?  Are there other examples of him acting like this?

Having watched some of his Dolphins Post Games...Gase is a very akward guy at the podium who hides under his hat.  Which is pulled down as far as it can go where sometimes all you see is mouth moving.

I would suspect...you put some people in a ball cap, with a jacket and sweat pants and put them out on the football field...they are going to be normal and pretty good coach.

You put the same person in a suit and tie, take away theie security blanket (the hat) and tell them to stand in front of lights and cameras...they might de-evolve.

My wife has a very public profession where she is required to talk to many people out in social settings and she’s great at it...BUT you ask her to talk about herself in front of a group of people and she becomes a disaster.

Anxiety, fear of public speaking, shyness.  Some sort of combination I would think.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Having watched some of his Dolphins Post Games...Gase is a very akward guy at the podium who hides under his hat.  Which is pulled down as far as it can go where sometimes all you see is mouth moving.

I would suspect...you put some people in a ball cap, with a jacket and sweat pants and put them out on the football field...they are going to be normal and pretty good coach.

You put the same person in a suit and tie, take away theie security blanket (the hat) and tell them to stand in front of lights and cameras...they might de-evolve.

My wife has a very public profession where she is required to talk to many people out in social settings and she’s great at it...BUT you ask her to talk about herself in front of a group of people and she becomes a disaster.

Anxiety, fear of public speaking, shyness.  Some sort of combination I would think.

That's a good point.  I used to make fun of Gase on the sidelines because he would wear his hat so far down...like you said...only see his mouth.  

After watching this video with the awkward eye movement...he might be just so far deep in anxiety that his nerves are a jumbled mess.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

That's a good point.  I used to make fun of Gase on the sidelines because he would wear his hat so far down...like you said...only see his mouth.  

After watching this video with the awkward eye movement...he might be just so far deep in anxiety that his nerves are a jumbled mess.

I thought it might have something to do with the hat as well

• Like (+1) 1