Jets select Adam Gase as HC

YoloinOhio

32 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

While this isn't the same kind of event, it kind of reminds during a fit of turbulence at OBD when Ralph Wilson, in a press conference, walked up to the mic and made a reference from a movie "If It's Tuesday, It Must Be Belgium."

One moment. One soundbite. One look. Everyone melts down that he's lost his mind and clearly something is wrong and "Oh, my god, he's no longer lucid!!"

Not sure what is going on with Gase, but it's unfortunate how the internet is piling on him. Huge day for him and his family and the Jets, and social media turned it into a joke.

Yep. Kinda like what Bills fans did to Doug Whaley when Pegula threw him to the wolves in that presser.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/11/2019 at 7:47 AM, GunnerBill said:

Hmm. In my experience that sort of thing doesn't tend to change. I played soccer for a sulker. Tactically and technically he was streets ahead of most of the other semi-pro coaches I played for. But you'd come in after a loss and he'd hardly say a word and sulk in the corner of the locker room and it is extremely demotivating. I think that is hard to change.

Is Gase a sulker?  A bit awkward perhaps but Bill Belichick was also very awkward.   That was a complaint about him early on.   Not relatable, not a leader of men,  needed a head-gamer like Parcells to turn his X's and O's into W's.   

I will say this much........Gase is not afraid of Belichick.   And for some reason BB does not have complete mastery over him the way he does McDermott.     

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Is Gase a sulker?  A bit awkward perhaps but Bill Belichick was also very awkward.   That was a complaint about him early on.   Not relatable, not a leader of men,  needed a head-gamer like Parcells to turn his X's and O's into W's.   

I will say this much........Gase is not afraid of Belichick.   And for some reason BB does not have complete mastery over him the way he does McDermott.     

Miami have been beating New England in Miami for years. I don't think that is Gase. And yes - he is a sulker. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I do think Gase is a good offensive coach. I have just never thought he has the right character to be a Head Coach and nothing I have seen or heard in Miami over 3 years has changed my mind. 

Head coaches and coordinator jobs are very different.  They require different skill sets which some of the trendy teams will relearn in the next few years when promoted position coaches fail.