Jets select Adam Gase as HC

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

Bounties galore

His pass defense with the Browns last year was historically bad. Run D was good. This year it was better  because Ward played well but it’s very inconsistent and he can’t seem to adapt his scheme to the talent he has. Rex-ish in that regard.

I just checked and they’re defense was worse than I thought - 30th overall. And they had a lot of talent. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

His pass defense with the Browns last year was historically bad. Run D was good. This year it was better overall because Ward played well but it’s very inconsistent and he can’t seem to adapt his scheme to the talent he has. Rex-ish in that regard 

Yeah, but he gets points for wearing a headset!  (Larry Felser’s rolling in the grave with that observation.)

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

Guest Mike147

I guess the hire is not that surprising considering the league's trend in hiring young offensively minded coaches in the hope of finding their Sean McVay. Problem with Adam Gase is that he never really showed that capability in Miami and his points differentials were worse than Joe Philbin's. Add to that he apparently alienated the locker room and was never a media darling, and it really does beg to question why the Jets decided to hire Adam Gase when they arguably had better options available to them. Unless of course Miami were wrong to fire him and he'll have success with the Jets. Who knows? It will be interesting to see how this pans out.