Jets select Adam Gase as HC

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Gase ends his Dolphins career with a better win percentage against Bill Belichick than against Sean McDermott. Pretty weird.

Pats for some reason fall asleep when they go to Miami. I want to say that even started before Gase got there, as I recall. Could be wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

15-17 Overall Record

4-8 in AFC East

1 Playoff Appearnce and 0-1 in Playoffs

Whoops that is Coach McDermotts Record.

actually in Miami Gase through two seasons was 

16-16 Overall Record

6-6 in AFC East

1 Playoff Appearnce and 0-1 in Playoffs

Just two sides of the same coin.

And Gase is 3-3 against the Bills in his short HC career.

Look, I'm not saying he's great. But if McDermott had been fired and, say, the Broncos had come calling, Denver fans would be saying exactly the same things about McDermott that we're saying about Gase.  Example:

- took a team on track to make the playoffs and inexplicably installed Nate Peterman as starter, only to do a 180 when he lost the locker room

- had a player actually RETIRE on him at halftime of a game

- once again bet on Peterman and went into a season with no veteran QB, forcing the GM to sign two guys off the street to start a game

I'm also not saying McDermott is trash. In fact, I think both are decent but still unproven head coaches. Eye of the beholder ...

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I dont think its as good as you think. Gase is not as bad of a coach as you think.  We were looking at a QB bust for NY and now he may get rescued.  

Jets fans ate idiots as are Dolphins fans and the majority of Pats fans.

Being good at offense or developing QB's, which in Gase's case, is debatable, does not make him a good head coach.  HC is about the entire team, strategy and operations as well as culture of the team and organization.  How did Gase do with all of that in Miami?  Not so hot from what I saw; which is why he was available.

Edited by purple haze

Just now, purple haze said:

Being good at offense or developing QB, which in Gase's case, is debatable, does not make him a good head coach.  HC is about the entire team, strategy and operations as well as culture of the team and organization.  How did shade do with all of that in Miami?  Not so hot from what I saw.

Does the name "Nathan Peterman" ring a bell? How about "Vontae Davis?" In what way has Gase shown himself to be a poorer leader of men than McD?

9 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Does the name "Nathan Peterman" ring a bell? How about "Vontae Davis?" In what way has Gase shown himself to be a poorer leader of men than McD?

neither team had anything to play for on December 30. We won 42-17.

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

neither team had anything to play for on December 30. We won 42-17.

So ... when two relatively equally matched teams play a meaningless end of season game, the winner of that game clearly has the better coach? But what about "the team with nothing to play for almost beat you while playing some guy named David Fales at QB in a game you needed to win to make the playoffs the year before" rule?  How does that fit into your simplistic theory of Motivational Speaker Guy Coaches?

5 hours ago, whatdrought said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/1083167880982786048

Ill remember this next December, Manish.

Here's the final sentence on Manish's story:

"Time will reveal whether they were right this time, but it sure looks and feels like they nailed it with Gase. "

Gase and McCarthy both looked like they would at least maximize Darnold. I'd have picked McCarthy if I were the GM.

Manish's comment was pretty reasonable, IMHO. I think Gase's got a decent chance. It always seemed to me that it was Miami and Tannehill holding Gase back rather than the reverse. Time will tell. Hope I'm wrong, as a Jets team mired in failure is always an entertaining spectacle.

Edited by Thurman#1

30 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

So ... when two relatively equally matched teams play a meaningless end of season game, the winner of that game clearly has the better coach? But what about "the team with nothing to play for almost beat you while playing some guy named David Fales at QB in a game you needed to win to make the playoffs the year before" rule?  How does that fit into your simplistic theory of Motivational Speaker Guy Coaches?

It shows that one was motivated and the other quit. And Fales didn't "almost" beat us, we let our feet off the gas. Game wasn't close.

8 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I dont think its as good as you think. Gase is not as bad of a coach as you think.  We were looking at a QB bust for NY and now he may get rescued.  

Jets fans ate idiots as are Dolphins fans and the majority of Pats fans.

So St. Louis is the new Siberia? What say you @Hapless Bills Fan?

We have to like this knowing we typically spilt with NYJ & MIA, and occasionally sweep them while being crappy ourselves. 

Knock it outta the Park this offseason, McBeane! The Yellow Brick Road is paved!

4 hours ago, purple haze said:

Being good at offense or developing QB's, which in Gase's case, is debatable, does not make him a good head coach.  HC is about the entire team, strategy and operations as well as culture of the team and organization.  How did Gase do with all of that in Miami?  Not so hot from what I saw; which is why he was available.

Bad GM