Kyler Murray reportedly leaning toward NFL draft

YoloinOhio

Just now, SinceThe70s said:

C'mon bro give me the names of the 5, I'm interested.

I did expect it to be more pitchers than position players from college...but then again I'm assuming Kyler isn't a pitcher due to his height.

I was wrong my friend it was 4 from college.. 2 pitchers- 2 infielders

Gerrit Cole . Pretty damn good pitcher 

Trevor Bauer - Pretty damn good pitcher 

Anthony Rendon- Very good 3rd basemen 

and Cory Spanberg average 2nd basemen 

Murray was an outfielder who supposedly has a lot of potential at short or 2nd

Rendon just made 12 million this year and is looking at 100+ million deal next year easily

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Rendon just made 12 million this year and is looking at 100+ million deal next year easily

Thanks for taking the time to respond with great info.

I'd still agree with the Bucky Brooks tweet that Yolo posted about NFL first rounders ability to hit jackpot sooner, but your point is well taken.

5 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Thanks for taking the time to respond with great info.

I'd still agree with the Bucky Brooks tweet that Yolo posted about NFL first rounders ability to hit jackpot sooner, but your point is well taken.

If he loves football go for it. He will be drafted high and get some guaranteed $$$

If he was 6’3 it wouldn’t be a question.

I want to see him run a 40. At his size he has to be cooking

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

LOL.

Rendon is an all star and his first 3 seasons he made 3 million per season, in his 4th he made 6 million. After reaching arbitration he made 12 in his 5th year. So through his first 4 years he made 15 million. 

Say Murray gets drafted where Josh Allen did, that’s 22 or so million guaranteed over the first 4 years then the big 5th year option. 

He makes more money in the NFL, upfront. 

His uncle was drafted 11th, also an outfielder, then he decided he was going to play college ball at Texas. 4 years later he is drafted 7th. Ends up flaming out. 

His dad was also drafted by MLB, a lesser prospect but I’m sure he didn’t make squat.

His agent is Scott Boras I’m sure he has had his value explained to him up and down both coasts and all through the cornfields inbetween. 

6 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

If he loves football go for it. He will be drafted high and get some guaranteed $$$

If he was 6’3 it wouldn’t be a question.

I want to see him run a 40. At his size he has to be cooking

Their actual 40 times almost always turn out slower than their reported times in the offseason, but he supposedly ran a 4.38 during Oklahoma's winter workouts last year. Seems like he's expected to comfortably be in the 4.4's.

Guarantee the GM who text he was a 1st rounder has everything to gain from Kyler being in the draft, and I dont mean as his pick.   A GM was also quoted in the article as saying he hadnt watch any tape on him because he was only considering baseball, now a few days later he watched tape and "he is a 1st round pick."   This kid is going to get caught up in the offseason NFL games executives play and end up a Brad Smith type player in the NFL.  I sure hope he can play special teams.

15 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

It makes sense because he wants the most guaranteed money in case he makes the wrong decision and fails miserably.  Russell Wilson picked football but wasn't as good of a baseball prospect.  He also pry helps Murray in his draft projection given his success with his height (although an inch or two taller) and similar athletic ability.

When I was his age my biggest daily decision was Keystone Light or PBR.

• Like (+1) 1

Height seems to be less and less of an issue for QB's that are able to move around the pocket and buy time before release. This isn't the 3/5 step drop and chuck it up to your first read league anymore.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

It makes sense because he wants the most guaranteed money in case he makes the wrong decision and fails miserably.  Russell Wilson picked football but wasn't as good of a baseball prospect.  He also pry helps Murray in his draft projection given his success with his height (although an inch or two taller) and similar athletic ability.

The one that's on sale Doc. Always the right answer.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

It makes perfect sense, I just can't think of a guy that used the NFL for leverage with the MLB. Elway did the opposite. Maybe Drew Henson, but not that I remember.

And yeah, when I was his age I was opting for the 6 pack of PBR tall boys for $2.69. Good times.

9 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

It makes perfect sense, I just can't think of a guy that used the NFL for leverage with the MLB. Elway did the opposite. Maybe Drew Henson, but not that I remember.

And yeah, when I was his age I was opting for the 6 pack of PBR tall boys for $2.69. Good times.

I know Jeff Samardzija chose baseball over football ten or so years ago when he could've been a potential first round NFL pick.  I'm not sure if he used his football potential as leverage though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He would likely be a first or worst high 2nd round pick in this draft. If he measures at 5'11 at the combine I think chances are he could go top 10. If he measures 5'9 I doubt he goes day 1. You are going to have to get very creative with a 5'9 QB to get him clean passing lanes. So creative that I think it limits your ability to run a conventional base offense. Sounds ridiculous but that 2 inches is going to make or break him as a 1st round prospect.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.