McBeane Confidence Update

McBeane Confidence   

252 members have voted

1. 1. How much confidence do you have that Sean McDermott will be a successful head coach for the Buffalo Bills within the next 2-3 years?

2. 2. How much confidence do you have that Brandon Beane will be a successful GM for the Buffalo Bills within the next 2-3 years?

4 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Not sure they have 2-3 years.

Need a good season next year. If not, they may both be gone. 

I think the question should be is "how much confidence do you have that both will be successful next season?"

I think it all depends if Josh Allen is a franchise or not  

3 hours ago, Hatszel said:

It will be interesting to visit this after free agency.   We all hope they will make good moves and we figure the reason they have not done well on Offense with Free agents is due to money.   Money is not the issue so its time to put up.   Lets hope we can get a good line through FA so we can draft skill positions and be able to manage the cap well!  Go Bills!!!

All that will tell you is if you agree with the move.  We need the records to see if the moves worked.

4 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I think the question should be is "how much confidence do you have that both will be successful next season?"

I can't figure out for the life of me why this post received 2 negative "reactions." 

As to the question, I'm higher on McDermott than I am Beane. Not 100% sold on either and can't understand this infinite patience. I've seen some good and I've seen some bad, but it's time to see some results in year 3. It would be totally unacceptable to finish under 500 next season. If they finish 8-8, you'd have to analyze the progress of the team. 9-7 or better and they're safe.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..certainly agree.....we will NEVER know what power he was given as GM.....bonafide "personnel guy in charge" or a personnel gopher" as in handed a shopping list saying "go find them"....and even at this "late date of continued hate", he STILL remains the "dart board of convenience"....go figure...............

Meanwhile look at his and Nix talent playing across the league

• Like (+1) 1

Can someone please explain why Beane is more highly regarded than McDermott?

McDermott has gotten the most out of his rosters in 2017 and 2018. I'm not sure if he's gonna get over the proverbial hump, but I have no complaints with the results based on the available talent. Beane's two major FA acquisitions have been underwhelming IMO. 

It seems to me that Beane just looks the part, but I'd like to hear an articulation if someone would be so kind to oblige.

I have read through the entire thread and can't find a detailed explanation. Mostly just that he seems shrewd, etc.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Can someone please explain why Beane is more highly regarded than McDermott?

McDermott has gotten the most out of his rosters in 2017 and 2018. I'm not sure if he's gonna get over the proverbial hump, but I have no complaints with the results based on the available talent. Beane's two major FA acquisitions have been underwhelming IMO. 

It seems to me that Beane just looks the part, but I'd like to hear an articulation if someone would be so kind to oblige.

I have read through the entire thread and can't find a detailed explanation. Mostly just that he seems shrewd, etc.

If you think Josh Allen is a true franchise QB in the making, then Beane has solved a riddle that has perplexed Bills GMs for more than 2 decades.  This buys him lots of good will.  At the same time McDermott somehow concluded the Bills would be better wasting training camp splitting reps three ways instead of committing to Allen. 

This is why many fans like Beane and are skeptical of McDermott. 

3 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

If you think Josh Allen is a true franchise QB in the making, then Beane has solved a riddle that has perplexed Bills GMs for more than 2 decades.  This buys him lots of good will.  At the same time McDermott somehow concluded the Bills would be better wasting training camp splitting reps three ways instead of committing to Allen. 

That explains the disparity, especially since I'm not nearly as high on Allen as others. It all comes down to Allen I suppose. Thanks.

It's pretty clear they have 2 - 3 years short of some kind of complete collapse.

If I had to bet, I'd bet positively on both. Far more smart moves than dumb ones from both of them.

But since I don't have to do anything, I'm still stuck at my default for guys who haven't proved it yet ... they've got a lot to prove.

8 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

The Honeymoon is over brother. 

Better start winning next year. ?? 

Your kiding yourself if you think thats not the case. 

Just kidding yourself, Scott, if you think you know much more than the fact that the Pegulas have a great deal of confidence in these two guys and have shown plenty of patience at times in their handling of Sabres and Bills FO personnel.

If they show no signs of improvement whatever next year even with all the FA money available, they might be in trouble. But as long as there's progress, they'll likely get those two or three years.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

Since firing Crossman and Castillo, my confidence in both of them went from 50-60% to around 80%...

In 2 years Brady shouldn't be around, Josh should be seasoned and it all really boils down to this offseason and fixing the O-line.

The importance of the moves we make with the money we have and the draft picks we have are more important than we've had in recent years. It looks like we FINALLY have a QB we feel comfortable with in seeing as our Franchise but he needs that protection from the line so he can keep progressing. 

But in short, I'm very confident McDermott and Beane will make most of the moves we need them to make to be successful in 2 years. I like McDermott more and more each week and I want us to have a HC like the Steelers do. One that stays on the team for 10+ years...

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/9/2019 at 9:21 PM, PlayoffsPlease said:

On the other hand Allen gets injured and sidelined  in part to Beane doing a poor job replacing Buffalo's 2 best lineman IMO. McCarron gets injured in preseason for the same reason then gets sent packing in favor of the so called pro's pro Peterman leaving the Bills practically zero experience at the QB position. Our best WR gets traded in Watkins replaced by KB.

Don't get me wrong, Josh Allen may turn out to be the MVP/pick in the history of the franchise.  

Do we even know for sure the driving force behind the Allen pick? 

Edited by Figster

On 1/9/2019 at 10:03 PM, ScottLaw said:

Barring a 4-12 season or worse i think they will be bk in 2020. I think there safe with 7 wins at least. 5 or 6 not sure either way.

6 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Barring a 4-12 season or worse i think they will be bk in 2020. I think there safe with 7 wins at least. 5 or 6 not sure either way.

So a one game improvement with the QB in place and this 90 mil in cap space and 10 draft picks I keep hearing about is good enough? 

Not for me it isn't. Anything less than 500 will be a huge disappointment and should probably be the end of McBeane.

2 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

So a one game improvement with the QB in place and this 90 mil in cap space and 10 draft picks I keep hearing about is good enough? 

Not for me it isn't. Anything less than 500 will be a huge disappointment and should probably be the end of McBeane.

Im not saying its good enough for me. Im thinking Pegs loves these guys and wants to give them the full oppurtunity to rebuild the team in there image.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Im not saying its good enough for me. Im thinking Pegs loves these guys and wants to give them the full oppurtunity to rebuild the team in there image.

The way I look at it, 9-7 I keep them for sure. 8-8 with improvement would probably be fine. Anything less and there's good reason to believe they're not gonna get it done.

But I understand the point regarding Pegula. He seems hellbent on giving them time. That could change if we keep seeing blowouts and little improvement next season. Nothing is set in stone.