McBeane Confidence Update

McBeane Confidence   

252 members have voted

1. 1. How much confidence do you have that Sean McDermott will be a successful head coach for the Buffalo Bills within the next 2-3 years?

2. 2. How much confidence do you have that Brandon Beane will be a successful GM for the Buffalo Bills within the next 2-3 years?

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Lmao. Did you just start following this team? 

Fans and ownership are happy until when they are expected to win they blow.

See the past two plus decades. 

Sorry to disappoint you Scotty,  their jobs are very secure.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Polls of this type, at this forum, don't mean much, b/c the average poster here is apt to love anything to do with the team, at any current moment in time.

The people who mock Rex now loved him when he was hired.  The people who mock Whaley now supported his talent for player evaluation when he was GM.  The people who hate on Kiko Alonso now loved him when he played for the Bills and were shocked to hear he was involved in a trade off the team so early in his career. 

And so on.

I still like Whaleys talent evaluation.  I guess you say averagebut there are a good many of us who love football in general and swim through data and  history.  If you can show me solid logic and back it up Im not against changing my mind.  The love what they do no matter what criwd doesnt bother me as much as the negative misinformed crowd.

I think they get 2019 and 2020 to see what kind of team they can build. The Bills did a great job of drafting in 2018 and knocked it out of the park with two Rookie Free Agents. If they can get their 2019 picks and 2020 picks to contribute as much as 2018 picks did they the Bills will be vastly improved. 

• Like (+1) 1

I chose 60-80% for both.  It's more like the 60% option, but I felt choosing 40-60% to me felt too low.

I just don't know at this point, so its probably just really just a 50/50 but I give it a slight more benefit of doubt.  I feel like McDermott has the confidence of the locker room and gets the most out of his players.  Which is a good sign.  I really don't know on Beane.  I will have a better feel after this off season I think.

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The Honeymoon is over brother. 

Better start winning next year. ?? 

Your kiding yourself if you think thats not the case. 

Nobody said there wasn't pressure, there is always pressure to win.  If they have a disappointing year then the noose suddenly begins to tighten.

I am sure that if you asked Bills brass in private along with ownership, there wasn't a real expectation to win this past year.  If you ask them what they expect for this coming year, I would assume that they would be very disappointed if they don't seriously challenge for the AFC East division.   

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, Bob in NoCal said:

60-80 for McD, 80-100 for Beane.  McD needs to break out of his conservative shell, and the only personnel move Beane has made that I questioned was trading McCarron for a 5th and going into the season with just Josh and Peterman and no vet.  In retrospect, it seems to have worked pretty well, but at the time, highly questionable. 

McD is not conservative.  Not sure why people keep saying this when he’s aggressive all game long with Josh Allen.  This is one myth around here I just don’t understand.  I feel like when the offense was struggling is all anyone remembers during the first half the year.  But once Allen came back from injury and especially after getting rid of KB, he and the offense really opened up.  He was actually quite the opposite of conservative.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

McD is not conservative.  Not sure why people keep saying this when he’s aggressive all game long with Josh Allen.  This is one myth around here I just don’t understand.  I feel like when the offense was struggling is all anyone remembers during the first half the year.  But once Allen came back from injury and especially after getting rid of KB, he and the offense really opened up.  He was actually quite the opposite of conservative.

McD's approch to winning football games so far has been somewhat conservative with a run heavy ball control O and good D to back it up IMO.

I do however think T Mobile behind center and the limited experience of the rookie Allen plays a part in McD's approach.

2 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I ran this poll back in October, with the results posted below. Now that the season has ended, I'm interested to see how answers have changed. 

poll.PNG

Have to say this is a great thread. Very interesting to see how the results have changed. Nice job!!

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Figster said:

McD's approch to winning football games so far has been somewhat conservative with a run heavy ball control O and good D to back it up IMO.

I do however think T Mobile behind center and the limited experience of the rookie Allen plays a part in McD's approach.

I think you have to have a style of play based off the personnel you have.  If you have Tyrod Taylor one year and a semi raw rookie QB the next year without a lot of play makers, it would be natural to have an emphasis on running more so than a team with a QB you feel more comfortable letting it rip some.   I think you'll see some more passing this upcoming year.  With that said, there have been a number of times where McD surprised me with 4th down calls.   We'll see how he is this coming year.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Polls of this type, at this forum, don't mean much, b/c the average poster here is apt to love anything to do with the team, at any current moment in time.

The people who mock Rex now loved him when he was hired.  The people who mock Whaley now supported his talent for player evaluation when he was GM.  The people who hate on Kiko Alonso now loved him when he played for the Bills and were shocked to hear he was involved in a trade off the team so early in his career. 

And so on.

I hated the Rex hire from day one, and said so at the time. I think Whaley got a raw deal and his treatment by so many as a joke and a whipping boy is unjustified. 

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Beane's FA additions have been below average, and he has traded up multiple times in the draft. 

McDermott has been conservative, and you have to question whether he has a vision to create a top flight NFL offense. 

It's not 0% for me, but it's in the low 20's.

I also picked 20-40%

Beane has yet to bring in any free agents worth noting that weren't that weren't Carolina retreads & I don't know what to think about McDermott (going back to Peterman so many times, the multiple blowouts, consistently being out coached, overly conservative calls) but keep in mind they are new to the job, not everyone was a rockstar at their job day 1, he's had time to learn & improve. 2019 is big. 

2 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I still like Whaleys talent evaluation.  I guess you say averagebut there are a good many of us who love football in general and swim through data and  history.  If you can show me solid logic and back it up Im not against changing my mind.  The love what they do no matter what criwd doesnt bother me as much as the negative misinformed crowd.

..certainly agree.....we will NEVER know what power he was given as GM.....bonafide "personnel guy in charge" or a personnel gopher" as in handed a shopping list saying "go find them"....and even at this "late date of continued hate", he STILL remains the "dart board of convenience"....go figure...............