Woodstock 50Th Anniversary at Watkins Glen Intl This Summer

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Have you heard John Sebastian sing lately? His voice is totally shot.

I haven't heard him sing since the last time I watched a Welcome Back Kotter re-run!  He seems to have quite a few shows booked.  That's too bad about his voice.

Just now, Gugny said:

I haven't heard him sing since the last time I watched a Welcome Back Kotter re-run!  He seems to have quite a few shows booked.  That's too bad about his voice.

Not that it stopped his touring. Mostly small clubs an nostalgia gigs. I guess the man has bills to pay, but it's painful to hear him.

On 1/9/2019 at 11:09 AM, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

I wonder if, in conjunction with that, they will have a 50th anniversary of Altamont as well:

My neck of the woods, Stones and HA's are still around. Sounds like a reunion of all reunions. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Gugny said:

Boston still tours as Boston.  Brad Delp wrote and sang most of their hits and has been dead for years.

Brad Delp might have sang the hits, but he didn't write them - Tom Scholz did.  He WAS Boston.

1 hour ago, bbb said:

Brad Delp might have sang the hits, but he didn't write them - Tom Scholz did.  He WAS Boston.

Scholz practically played all the instruments on the debut album

in case one never bothered to identify him, he’s the tall and thin and non-facial haired guitar player in early photos 

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, bbb said:

4 hours ago, row_33 said:

Scholz practically played all the instruments on the debut album

in case one never bothered to identify him, he’s the tall and thin and non-facial haired guitar player in early photos 

Absolutely, Scholtz was the mastermind of the band, although Delp did write the lyrics to a handful of hits.  I think the point is that Scholtz is the only remaining original member touring today.

To Row's point, I grew up on Boston.  Loved their stuff since I was 5 years old.  But they were a studio band and, to your point, LOTS of overdubs with guitars and vocals.  This is why they were not (at that time) a great LIVE band.

I remember buying the Third Stage album.  So excited they'd finally released new stuff.  It was the last Boston album I ever bought.  And Brad Delp's death was shocking and sad.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Absolutely, Scholtz was the mastermind of the band, although Delp did write the lyrics to a handful of hits.  I think the point is that Scholtz is the only remaining original member touring today.

To Row's point, I grew up on Boston.  Loved their stuff since I was 5 years old.  But they were a studio band and, to your point, LOTS of overdubs with guitars and vocals.  This is why they were not (at that time) a great LIVE band.

I remember buying the Third Stage album.  So excited they'd finally released new stuff.  It was the last Boston album I ever bought.  And Brad Delp's death was shocking and sad.

Tom has survived and now gets quality time in lawsuits good and bad, there were worse fates i guess  :D

I was 10 when the first LP came out, a perfect birthday gift and still one of my top listens.... the rest of the discography... mehhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

--------------------------------------------------------------

It's a total insult to pretend to carry on with the band name after Blind Owl died just before Jimi and Janis, and the Bear died later on....

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

Tom has survived and now gets quality time in lawsuits good and bad, there were worse fates i guess  :D

I was 10 when the first LP came out, a perfect birthday gift and still one of my top listens.... the rest of the discography... mehhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

I thought Don't Look Back was a quality album.  Third Stage was definitely meh.

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I thought Don't Look Back was a quality album.  Third Stage was definitely meh.

DLB was good, but the debut was top ten for the 1970s and still holds up great

(at least to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...........)

Just now, row_33 said:

DLB was good, but the debut was top ten for the 1970s and still holds up great

(at least to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...........)

Abso*****inglutely!!!!  Still the #2 best selling debut album of all time (Appetite for Destruction ended the run).

20 minutes ago, Gugny said:

A local radio station just posted a promotional poster for this event on Facebook.

Friday's headliner is Greg Allman.  I think they got duped, LOL.

less so than saying it would be Duane

On 1/9/2019 at 2:27 PM, apuszczalowski said:

Heard about this but thought they said the original location was going to be used?

Only performers from the original still around are Crosby Stills Nash & Young (Crosby said they haven't discussed doing it but would if Young said they will do it) and Santana I believe.

http://thewvsr.com/the-woodstock-death-count/