Woodstock 50Th Anniversary at Watkins Glen Intl This Summer

https://www.mytwintiers.com/news/woodstock-50th-anniversary-coming-to-watkins-glen/1693703503

WATKINS GLEN, N.Y. (WETM) - The 50th anniversary of Woodstock will come to Watkins Glen in the summer of 2019.

According to the concert promoter, Woodstock 50 will be Aug. 16-18.

Michael Lang, the Producer and co-founder of the original Woodstock Festival, announced back in December that the original Woodstock site would not be used for the 50th anniversary celebration.

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

almost all have, literalllllllllllllllllly

Well it is 50 years latter. Joan Baez is still kicking.

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

Mike is selling parking spaces in his back 40 and shuttling people to the concert 

@mead107 will be in charge of parking.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Heard about this but thought they said the original location was going to be used?

Only performers from the original still around are Crosby Stills Nash & Young (Crosby said they haven't discussed doing it but would if Young said they will do it) and Santana I believe.

Actually, the following original performers are still alive and most are still performing:

Canned Heat

The Who

Blood, Sweat and Tears

CSNY

Joan Baez

Santana

Country Joe

John Fogerty (could do CCR tunes)

Dead and Co.

Arlo Guthrie

John Sebastian

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Actually, the following original performers are still alive and most are still performing:

Canned Heat

The Who

Blood, Sweat and Tears

CSNY

Joan Baez

Santana

Country Joe

John Fogerty (could do CCR tunes)

Dead and Co.

Arlo Guthrie

John Sebastian

I wonder how many of those artists now wear adult diapers?

It's odd having Woodstock in 2019. Rock music in general has died in recent years due to lack of albums sales and streaming services. Not a whole lot of new bands nowadays. I'm sure they'll have plenty of bands, but not alot of current rock bands that blow up radio nowadays 

1 hour ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

I wonder if, in conjunction with that, they will have a 50th anniversary of Altamont as well:

I know, we'll hire Hell's Angels to do security!  What could possibly go wrong?

Edited by KD in CA

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Who, the Guess Who, Yes...

Guess Who and Yes were not at Woodstock.

Incidentally, I think this is a terrible idea and I'm hoping there are some tactful anniversary celebrations in the town of Bethel.  I'd much rather attend those.

Something tells me this thing at Watkins Glen will be filled with Autotune and Millienials.  No, thank you.

• Like (+1) 1