McBeane and the hiring of coaching assistants

TigerJ

...a bit confused (as normal).....wouldn't the personnel issue be a collaborative effort between McBeane and McDermott based on a scheme consensus?....the next step would be to find personnel via draft or FA that fit the  agreed upon scheme......atfer that, wouldn't it be up t McDermott as to who his staff is between the white stripes to execute the scheme as well as train and develop players?...

48 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Knee cap?

you weren’t paying attention-  cut off the HEAD and the body dies 

Never saw the ‘Hard Knocks’ series.  I was referring to a variation on his purported bounty system when he worked for the Saints.  Someone should ‘go Gillooly’ on him, and we’ll see how good of a DC he can be while he’s Chief Ironside.

15 hours ago, JM57 said:

1) Yes

2) You base your opinion of coaches on their physical appearance? What now?

I didn't say I base my opinion of coaches on their physical appearance. I said I had no comment on him as a coach because I don't know much about o-line coaches, just said I am biased against him because he is morbidly obese. Really fat people gross me out, and make me question their being. I am not talking about someone who is carrying a few extra pounds. I am talking about fat slobs who you can hear breathe when they are just existing, fat slobs who cannot bend over to tie their own shoes. It shows a lack of discipline or desire in their lives and I don't know how one could be an effective coach/disciplinarian living that kind of life.

Again, not saying the Bills shouldn't hire or should hire any o-line coach,  just my personal opinion of fat slobs. 

On 1/9/2019 at 12:58 PM, TigerJ said:

It's been relatively silent as far as interview rumors for Buffalo's coaching vacancies.  I want to remind my fellow posters that it was much the same a year ago.  Beane and McDermott seem to run a pretty tight ship when it comes to front office leaks.  We may not hear much at all before the actual hirings.

They also left their QB draft order on a whiteboard so . . .

16 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

To be fair Waufle retired. But yea.... it hasn't been a great track record especially with offensive coaches. 

Well one good thing is that if McD sees that the guy he hires isn't doing a good job he moves on to find one that does !

Castillo was given 2 yrs to make it work & couldn't i think that the Bills previous O line coach could have done a lot more with what they had this yr than Juan did even with Wood & Ritchie's departure .

16 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Never saw the ‘Hard Knocks’ series.  I was referring to a variation on his purported bounty system when he worked for the Saints.  Someone should ‘go Gillooly’ on him, and we’ll see how good of a DC he can be while he’s Chief Ironside.

Right one of his quotes when perpetrating bounty gate was cut off the head and the body does. 

It it was in reference to taking the QB out of the game.    

4 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

I didn't say I base my opinion of coaches on their physical appearance. I said I had no comment on him as a coach because I don't know much about o-line coaches, just said I am biased against him because he is morbidly obese. Really fat people gross me out, and make me question their being. I am not talking about someone who is carrying a few extra pounds. I am talking about fat slobs who you can hear breathe when they are just existing, fat slobs who cannot bend over to tie their own shoes. It shows a lack of discipline or desire in their lives and I don't know how one could be an effective coach/disciplinarian living that kind of life.

Again, not saying the Bills shouldn't hire or should hire any o-line coach,  just my personal opinion of fat slobs. 

This is a football board, no one cares about your physical preferences. Literally no one.

Just now, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Understood, and thank you.  ?

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2012/04/05/150069932/kill-the-head-the-body-will-die-nfls-gregg-williams-heard-telling-players

not a nice guy. They pulverized Favre in that conference final 

4 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

It also may just portray an unhealthy lifestyle of eating quick meals on the fly, tons of stress and little sleep.

Working 16-20 hours a day is the lifestyle many of these guys live.