McBeane and the hiring of coaching assistants

TigerJ

It's been relatively silent as far as interview rumors for Buffalo's coaching vacancies.  I want to remind my fellow posters that it was much the same a year ago.  Beane and McDermott seem to run a pretty tight ship when it comes to front office leaks.  We may not hear much at all before the actual hirings.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Maybe somebody go down to OBD, and see if Gregggggggggg shows up.  

According to Gregg, the Bills already offered him a position and he's weighing it against the other nineteen.  ?

(Note: that was satire.)

Edited by WhoTom
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

HC are building their staffs. Some coaches are hoping for a promotion. Let’s see what happens over the next month.

Next month?

I think things will have to go faster than that.  At least for top names/candidates.

At least what little has come out, has been moderately encouraging, in that we wanted to interview Kugler for O-Line coach. Someone who has a decent rep around the league.

It would appear we are at least looking for experienced candidates.

9 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Bob Wylie for OL

Keith Armstrong for ST's

Armstrong was hired in Tampa for ST, no? 

Bob Wylie I have no comment on, as I dont know much about oline coaches. Obviously scheme and coaching matters BUT the most important thing for revamping this o-line is GETTING TALENT (i am biased against Bob because he is morbidly obese, like, dude...try salads)

1 hour ago, PaattMaann said:

Bob Wylie I have no comment on, as I dont know much about oline coaches. Obviously scheme and coaching matters BUT the most important thing for revamping this o-line is GETTING TALENT (i am biased against Bob because he is morbidly obese, like, dude...try salads)

Was he? I haven't been keeping up. I know Kugler is in Tampa. 

I thought this was going to be about how McD churns through his coaching staff.

He started with Dennison (OC) , Waufle (D line), McGeohan (WR), Gil Byrd (DB) and Castillo.  All gone after 1 year, except Castillo, who took the fall for the O-line composition after this season.  Now Robiskie, the guy who was named as replacement WR coach 1 year ago, is already gone.

Best advice for these guys is to sign a one year lease on a cheap 1 bedroom...

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

Bob Wylie I have no comment on, as I dont know much about oline coaches. (i am biased against Bob because he is morbidly obese, like, dude...try salads)

1) Yes

2) You base your opinion of coaches on their physical appearance? What now?

13 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

Yep. I prefer to wait around and see what untouched leftover is available for the picking.

Are you saying the Bills will end up with the Cranberry Sauce or the Liver and Onions????  Yuck....

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

I thought this was going to be about how McD churns through his coaching staff.

He started with Dennison (OC) , Waufle (D line), McGeohan (WR), Gil Byrd (DB) and Castillo.  All gone after 1 year, except Castillo, who took the fall for the O-line composition after this season.  Now Robiskie, the guy who was named as replacement WR coach 1 year ago, is already gone.

Best advice for these guys is to sign a one year lease on a cheap 1 bedroom...

To be fair Waufle retired. But yea.... it hasn't been a great track record especially with offensive coaches.