Jump to content
Reed83HOF

Updated: Flores new Phins HC

Recommended Posts

On 1/10/2019 at 8:50 AM, Bangarang said:

 

But....we have a defensive coach. 

 

Believe in Daboll. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can smell the tires burning in Miami from here .....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

 

This is a total wildcard move.

Sure is!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank goodness i think Richard is gonna be a good coach

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Womp, womp

 

lol Fish

 

Also, this division is so incestuous 🙄

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2019 at 12:44 PM, RobbRiddick said:

I'm giving you a thumbs up but I do wonder how many posters will know who Cliff Richard is! 

I think I would rather hire Leapy Lee than Cliff Richard.  Richard’s OBE will drive up his asking price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flores seems like a young, level headed guy who is a leader of men.  Plus having experience with scouting and years coaching All Three Sides of the Ball, along with 14 seasons under Bellichk...May make him one of the most deserving/prepared New Head Coaches hired so far in 2019.

 

I like it for them.  If true.

Edited by RalphWilson'sNewWar
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Flores seems like a young, level headed guy who is a leader of men.  Plus having experience with scouting and years coaching All Three Sides of the Ball, along with 14 seasons under Bellichk...May make him one of the most deserving/prepared New Head Coaches hired so far in 2019.

 

I like it for them.  If true.

Could be. While everyone else looked for the next McVay, Miami looked for the next belichick. 

 

I don’t know much about Flores but a year ago he was a LB coach. And BB considered just running the D himself before promoting him. We’ll see how he does vs chargers tomorrow. Both game plans vs Bills this year were highly effective. 

 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

 Both game plans vs Bills this year were highly effective. 

 

 

Yea he really put a halt to our high octane offense with DA and co. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rather Flores than Richard. I think this is the wrong choice by the Fins. I really did not want Richard there. 

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Rather Flores than Richard. I think this is the wrong choice by the Fins. I really did not want Richard there. 

 

Do a lot of others here share this opinion?

 

I think Flores could be a really good coach, maybe much better than Richard. But I do like the fact that the Dolphins could be stealing an important guy from the Patriots. That may be enough for me to support this move. Until the Dolphins move on from Tannehill, I won't be afraid of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think kris richards will be a good head coach when he gets hired. 

 

He even is getting offense experience in Dallas

 

I dont know much about Flores, but the pats losing another d coordinator in back to back off seasons I dont mind seeing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

 

Yea he really put a halt to our high octane offense with DA and co. 

Did better than some others... just saying 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I think kris richards will be a good head coach when he gets hired. 

 

 

Agree. 

7 minutes ago, MichaelAbdallah said:

 

Do a lot of others here share this opinion?

 

I think Flores could be a really good coach, maybe much better than Richard. But I do like the fact that the Dolphins could be stealing an important guy from the Patriots. That may be enough for me to support this move. Until the Dolphins move on from Tannehill, I won't be afraid of them.

 

It is less me being down on Flores. Not  really got a strong view one way or the other on him. I think Richard will be really, really good though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who has ever succeeded going from a position coach to a Head Coach? Like nobody ever?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Who has ever succeeded going from a position coach to a Head Coach? Like nobody ever?

Freddie Kitchens comes close - started the season as RB coach. Same with Anthony Lynn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Freddie Kitchens comes close - started the season as RB coach. Same with Anthony Lynn.

At least ALynn was AHC at Jets and Bills, even as RB coach. And you KNOW he was doing all Rex’s work!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Familiarity can't be a bad thing.  Assuming Flores runs a similar defense in Miami to what he ran in New England, and New England continues to use the same defense, that means Josh Allen and the Bills will see it for times during the season.  If they can figure it out, and Josh Allen is a smart boy, that could be a good thing for the Bills going forward. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Freddie Kitchens comes close - started the season as RB coach. Same with Anthony Lynn.

 

Anthony Lynn was also an assistant head coach for a long time where he was mentored and groomed for the job...

 

So we are saying Kitchens is a successful head coach before he even coaches a game? Wow...talk about an asinine statement.

Edited by matter2003

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, FLFan said:

You can smell the tires burning in Miami from here .....

Sonny Crockett’s got the Testarossa back on the road?!?!  Proper!  (I’m looking for Doug Whaley to take over the role of Tubbs!)

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

So we are saying Kitchens is a successful head coach before he even coaches a game? Wow...talk about an asinine statement.

 

Quote

Who has ever succeeded going from a position coach to a Head Coach? Like nobody ever?

 

I thought you were asking who succeeded in becoming a head coach directly from being a position coach (in other words without becoming a coordinator) and I answered that Kitchens comes close to being such a case. It is possible you were asking for success as a head coach for such a person. Your wording was kinda ambiguous. Was only trying to help with an answer to a question you asked - maybe you didnt want an answer. My bad.

 

Yolo already pointed out correctly that I was mistaken regarding A. Lynn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless I'm reading the situation in Miami wrong, the type of head coach they are going to need is similar to the one the Jacksonville Jaguars had in Gus Bradley. Someone that can keep the atmosphere positive and set the foundation for their future. So someone like Flores or Richard could be exactly the type of hire they need to make at this point as they are seemingly heading towards a rebuild. I doubt any of the flashier candidates or experienced ones are likely to want to head to Miami with what they have to offer. But I'd potentially still rank Flores or Richard higher on the scale of hires this off season than the Jets hiring Adam Gase. 

 

With that said, things could be looking up for our Bills if they make the right moves this off season. I doubt Gase does much with the Jets and the Dolphins are heading towards a rebuild, unless of course they decide to try and compete and continue to be a .500 give or take type of team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×