Updated: Flores new Phins HC

Reed83HOF

9 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Freddie Kitchens comes close - started the season as RB coach. Same with Anthony Lynn.

Anthony Lynn was also an assistant head coach for a long time where he was mentored and groomed for the job...

So we are saying Kitchens is a successful head coach before he even coaches a game? Wow...talk about an asinine statement.

Edited by matter2003

12 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

So we are saying Kitchens is a successful head coach before he even coaches a game? Wow...talk about an asinine statement.

Who has ever succeeded going from a position coach to a Head Coach? Like nobody ever?

I thought you were asking who succeeded in becoming a head coach directly from being a position coach (in other words without becoming a coordinator) and I answered that Kitchens comes close to being such a case. It is possible you were asking for success as a head coach for such a person. Your wording was kinda ambiguous. Was only trying to help with an answer to a question you asked - maybe you didnt want an answer. My bad.

Yolo already pointed out correctly that I was mistaken regarding A. Lynn.

Guest Mike147

Unless I'm reading the situation in Miami wrong, the type of head coach they are going to need is similar to the one the Jacksonville Jaguars had in Gus Bradley. Someone that can keep the atmosphere positive and set the foundation for their future. So someone like Flores or Richard could be exactly the type of hire they need to make at this point as they are seemingly heading towards a rebuild. I doubt any of the flashier candidates or experienced ones are likely to want to head to Miami with what they have to offer. But I'd potentially still rank Flores or Richard higher on the scale of hires this off season than the Jets hiring Adam Gase. 

With that said, things could be looking up for our Bills if they make the right moves this off season. I doubt Gase does much with the Jets and the Dolphins are heading towards a rebuild, unless of course they decide to try and compete and continue to be a .500 give or take type of team. 

On 1/9/2019 at 9:42 PM, RobbRiddick said:

You're both wrong, it's Santa

Don't you mean Kris Kringle?

Bold move by the Fish. Much like a rookie quarterback, you need a lot of things to fall into place to be successful during your first run at a new position. While this could absolutely make the Fish better, perhaps in two years he'll be handing the Pats* a couple of losses each year. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2019 at 12:44 PM, RobbRiddick said:

I'm giving you a thumbs up but I do wonder how many posters will know who Cliff Richard is! 

He’s been around a long time. The Stones wouldn’t be where they are without him.

He will suck bc no coach under belicheater is ever any good.  Which considering h

Their success, makes no sense at all

All great coaches leave a legacy of other great coaches whom were subordinates.  It's easy to explain if you admit they are still cheating.