Updated: Flores new Phins HC

Reed83HOF

Flores seems like a young, level headed guy who is a leader of men.  Plus having experience with scouting and years coaching All Three Sides of the Ball, along with 14 seasons under Bellichk...May make him one of the most deserving/prepared New Head Coaches hired so far in 2019.

I like it for them.  If true.

Edited by RalphWilson'sNewWar
  • Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Flores seems like a young, level headed guy who is a leader of men.  Plus having experience with scouting and years coaching All Three Sides of the Ball, along with 14 seasons under Bellichk...May make him one of the most deserving/prepared New Head Coaches hired so far in 2019.

I like it for them.  If true.

Could be. While everyone else looked for the next McVay, Miami looked for the next belichick. 

I don’t know much about Flores but a year ago he was a LB coach. And BB considered just running the D himself before promoting him. We’ll see how he does vs chargers tomorrow. Both game plans vs Bills this year were highly effective. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Rather Flores than Richard. I think this is the wrong choice by the Fins. I really did not want Richard there. 

Do a lot of others here share this opinion?

I think Flores could be a really good coach, maybe much better than Richard. But I do like the fact that the Dolphins could be stealing an important guy from the Patriots. That may be enough for me to support this move. Until the Dolphins move on from Tannehill, I won't be afraid of them.

6 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I think kris richards will be a good head coach when he gets hired. 

Agree. 

7 minutes ago, MichaelAbdallah said:

Do a lot of others here share this opinion?

I think Flores could be a really good coach, maybe much better than Richard. But I do like the fact that the Dolphins could be stealing an important guy from the Patriots. That may be enough for me to support this move. Until the Dolphins move on from Tannehill, I won't be afraid of them.

It is less me being down on Flores. Not  really got a strong view one way or the other on him. I think Richard will be really, really good though. 

Familiarity can't be a bad thing.  Assuming Flores runs a similar defense in Miami to what he ran in New England, and New England continues to use the same defense, that means Josh Allen and the Bills will see it for times during the season.  If they can figure it out, and Josh Allen is a smart boy, that could be a good thing for the Bills going forward.