Updated: Flores new Phins HC

Reed83HOF

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

You honestly believe black coaches are giving the same chances as white coaches?  People are taking about firing Tomlin and he has a winning percentage of 65%.  

And im not saying it is completely the nfl is racist.  It’s a buddy league where scrub coaches (Brian Daboll) keep getting hired despite how much they suck because they are friends with the right people. 

I didn't say any of that. Just pointed out that someone else got fired after 1 year with a better record and an arguably worse roster. Recently. Wilkes was completely out of his depth, and thus he was fired. Marvin Lewis won 0 playoff games in 16 years.

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I didn't say any of that. Just pointed out that someone else got fired after 1 year with a better record and an arguably worse roster. Recently. Wilkes was completely out of his depth, and thus he was fired. Marvin Lewis won 0 playoff games in 16 years.

I don’t disagree but I think any coach who got fired the way he did (regardless of race) got a very raw deal.

tomusla inherited a playoff team I believe.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t disagree but I think any coach who got fired the way he did (regardless of race) got a very raw deal.

tomusla inherited a playoff team I believe.

They were 8-8 in Harbaugh's last year. Tomsula went 5-11, Chip Kelly went 2-14, Kyle Shanahan went 6-10. That was 4 consecutive years.

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You honestly believe black coaches are giving the same chances as white coaches?  People are taking about firing Tomlin and he has a winning percentage of 65%.  

And im not saying it is completely the nfl is racist.  It’s a buddy league where scrub coaches (Brian Daboll) keep getting hired despite how much they suck because they are friends with the right people. 

And did Tomusla have a rookie QBs that year?

Tomlin is not a very good coach. and that has absolutely nothing to do with skin color.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don't know much about Flores. He's the LBs coach and defensive play caller for the Patriots and he's fairly young. Patriots coaches don't have a great history when they branch out but I have no opinion on him.

Same... he’s only been DC for a year and my understanding is Belichick is very involved. Not too impressed with Matty P in Detroit. Anyway, more divisional poaching if true 

8 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

And did Tomusla have a rookie QBs that year?

That’s pretty much how the rest of the world works. Why is it a problem in the NFL ?  Guys in power at the top hire their pals or  guys ho know them. Not a big deal except for the media talking heads. Who cares ? Let them hire who they want to hire. Most of us will never have the chance to coach in the NFL. A lot of that is due to not knowing the right people, having the right friends, having the right connections. It’s not due to our race. This stuff is seriously out of hand now. 

8 hours ago, Foxx said:

Tomlin is not a very good coach. and that has absolutely nothing to do with skin color.

Tomlin is a good coach , and many would agree with that statement. That aside, any talk of “ he should be fired “ by media pundits has nothing to do with his skin color. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

That’s pretty much how the rest of the world works. Why is it a problem in the NFL ?  Guys in power at the top hire their pals or  guys ho know them. Not a big deal except for the media talking heads. Who cares ? Let them hire who they want to hire. Most of us will never have the chance to coach in the NFL. A lot of that is due to not knowing the right people, having the right friends, having the right connections. It’s not due to our race. This stuff is seriously out of hand now. 

Because if we all just accept the world as it is nothing ever changes and we don't progress. That isn't just a point about race either it is a response to any nepotism and jobs for the boys in hiring. 

37 minutes ago, BoldBully said:

The only real color the owners worry about is green.... they would hire Maya Angelou as a head couch if they thought she could build a winning program

Whoa whoa WHOA!

LOTS going on here - changing fonts, changing type sizes, weird highlighting, a Maya Angelou reference, and "head couch"!  

You get my vote for Post of 2019 so far - but it's early.

4 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Whoa whoa WHOA!

LOTS going on here - changing fonts, changing type sizes, weird highlighting, a Maya Angelou reference, and "head couch"!  

You get my vote for Post of 2019 so far - but it's early.

Had to copy and paste her last name to make sure I spelt it right and not smart enough to figure out the whole weird font thing.....but you get the point right?

Edited by BoldBully

10 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I don't know much about Flores. He's the LBs coach and defensive play caller for the Patriots and he's fairly young. Patriots coaches don't have a great history when they branch out but I have no opinion on him.

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Same... he’s only been DC for a year and my understanding is Belichick is very involved. Not too impressed with Matty P in Detroit. Anyway, more divisional poaching if true 

Thanks for posting this.  Immediately went to YouTube to watch some interviews/chats he did with reporters and kids.

Interesting choice if he is the one.  With sudden run on Offense, many have pointed out how many of those guys have limited experience.

Flores was quick to point out that having never played in the NFL (due to injury) he joined Pats right out of college.  So he has been around the dynasty for almost all of it.

im also not sure if another head coach who have dipped their toes on all areas of football.

Flores has worked on Patriots Scouting, Offense and Special Teams.  So he is pretty well rounded Defensive Coach.

fascinating hire IMO (if they do it.)

Edited by RalphWilson'sNewWar

6 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Thanks for posting this.  Immediately went to YouTube to watch some interviews/chats he did with reporters and kids.

Interesting choice if he is the one.  With sudden run on Offense, many have pointed out how many of those guys have limited experience.

Flores was quick to point out that having never played in the NFL (due to injury) he joined Pats right out of college.  So he has been around the dynasty for almost all of it.

im also not sure if another head coach who have dipped their toes on all areas of football.

Flores has worked on Patriots Scouting, Offense and Special Teams.  So he is pretty well rounded Defensive Coach.

fascinating hire IMO (if they do it.)

McDermott was a scout FYI...

• Like (+1) 1