Updated: Flores new Phins HC

Reed83HOF

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I wonder what they will do at QB. Bring in a vet like Flacco, stick with Tanny, or draft one high. 

Flacco would have them in the same boat as Tannehill:  average to below average.  The Phins need a to draft their guy and look to the future.  I wouldn't doubt if they aggressively try to trade up come April.

18 hours ago, whatdrought said:

If the Cowboys falter this weekend, and Garrett has one of his classical mistakes/stands there with no answer, I wouldn’t be shocked to see him get the boot and Richard be given that job.

Garrett is a McDermott level clapper though!!! jag has dirt on plastic face and this playoff run bought him more time.

22 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

My sentiments exactly.

Interesting to see if they tear it down and try to tank for Tua.........they are in a lot worse personnel shape than the team McDermott inherited.

A bit off topic, but I'm starting to think Tua may be a mirage.  It can be dangerous to project a QB prospect from a college team as talented as Alabama.  So many of their opponents are just completely overmatched...

1 minute ago, mannc said:

A bit off topic, but I'm starting to think Tua may be a mirage.  It can be dangerous to project a QB prospect from a college team as talented as Alabama.  So many of their opponents are just completely overmatched...

He's not a mirage, IMO........he's laser accurate and when healthy super mobile..........basically the second coming of Steve Young IMO.

Give Venables credit for a GREAT gameplan..........Alabama hadn't had to mix it up offensively to beat anyone all season.........and had developed deeply entrenched tendencies and Venables took full advantage.      

And where Tua would have normally been able to tuck and run for first downs when some of the plays were taken away.......he just couldn't do it on that ankle.

Tua is going to be great IMO........and Lawrence is even better.........if I am an NFL GM and not in line to get one of those guys it only increases the urgency to coach up your own young QB and get way out in front of the teams that will be getting Tua and Lawrence in next few seasons.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Seems like the media this year over killing the minority coaches. I'm like find the best person to lead you're lead. White, black, purple, pink hell alien. Find the best person. This stuff getting outta hand. It's b.s

Will all due respect, can I guess your race?  In a perfect world, I agree.  But the nfl is a very flawed place.  Mike Mularkey has been a head coach of 3 different teams.  He got hired after going 2-14.  Wilkes got fired after going 3-13 in his first year.

hknrstly, most of those coaches are a dime a dozen.  There are very few game changing coaches.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Will all due respect, can I guess your race?  In a perfect world, I agree.  But the nfl is a very flawed place.  Mike Mularkey has been a head coach of 3 different teams.  He got hired after going 2-14.  Wilkes got fired after going 3-13 in his first year.

hknrstly, most of those coaches are a dime a dozen.  There are very few game changing coaches.  

Jim Tomsula got fired after 1 year and he went 5-11.

4 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Jim Tomsula got fired after 1 year and he went 5-11.

You honestly believe black coaches are giving the same chances as white coaches?  People are taking about firing Tomlin and he has a winning percentage of 65%.  

And im not saying it is completely the nfl is racist.  It’s a buddy league where scrub coaches (Brian Daboll) keep getting hired despite how much they suck because they are friends with the right people. 

And did Tomusla have a rookie QBs that year?

Edited by C.Biscuit97