Cleveland Browns to hire Freddie Kitchens as HC

YoloinOhio

Just now, PIZ said:

Perhaps Kitchens didn't want Gregg on his staff?

I think it’s a mix of both. I don’t think he dislikes Gregg but it would have been awkward with him being the HC and then back to DC. Kitchens probably has his own ideas about how to run the team. Also, Gregg’s D wasn’t that great. It was good at times. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think it’s a mix of both. I don’t think he dislikes Gregg but it would have been awkward with him being the HC and then back to DC. Kitchens probably has his own ideas about how to run the team. Also, Gregg’s D wasn’t that great. It was good at times. 

I don’t how any human being can like Gregg Williams. I’ve never seen a more unlikable person ever on TV.  Maybe King Joffrey from Game of Thrones but it’s close.

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Chik-Fill-Uhs opening on every second corner.  He’ll get Sundays off to watch games.

Now that you mention it, Chik-Fil-A is a pretty good gig.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Reaction I am seeing from some Cleveland friends on social media is totally positive.  I'd never heard of the guy but seems Cleveland fans like the decision

56 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I'm dead serious, this is a nice move by Cleveland.

After reading what he has been able to do recently this is obviously not the sexy choice, but probably better overall for development and team continuity.

1 hour ago, Estelle Getty said:

Gregg Williams is a tool but somehow he is becoming more likeable, or is it just me?  

It's just you

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

So what happens to Gregg Williams now, who did a pretty good job?

Williams was relieved of his duties. 

Sucked for him cuz he lead a team who had won 3 of 40 games to 5 wins in 8.  He’ll be a coaching candidate next year. 

It will be interesting to see who Kitchens brings in to run the D.  Since he is totally an offensive coach he’ll need a strong D coordinator.  

Perhaps Vance Joseph?

Edited by dezertbill

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

The situation with Gregg is he wanted to stay as HC, or not come back. He likely asked to be cut loose as soon as he knew he wasn’t getting it so he could quickly pursue a DC job elsewhere. Wouldn’t surprise me if he ends up with Kingsbury, who could use his experience. 

It's a Schwartz situation.