Denver Broncos to hire Vic Fangio as HC

YoloinOhio

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m interested to see who gets the Bears DC job... great gig 

From reading the Bears board it seems that Bowles has a good relationship with Nagy. I’d think Greg W. would also be in the conversation, that seems like a match. 

6 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

As long as Elway is making the decisions, ANYONE on that staff will be chained to his poor decision making. That's the problem with having a Super Bowl winning legend from your team run things... firing him would be INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT.

WOW. Doubling down on defense ... again. And Kubiak back (officially) as OC. This would be a really good strategy in 2012 if Peyton Manning were coming in to play QB ...

12 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Talk about a boring hire.  Local radio is pretty much calling Kubiak the HC. 

They want to avoid a rebuild at all cost, but outside of Von, Chris Harris, and the 2018 draft class, I think they need  to blow it up. 

Yep. Having said that, it's not all that different from Bills 2017. Could that be the model - try to squeeze a playoff year out of the existing crew, then move strongly in the rebuild direction? Or is Elway just deluded? (I vote for the latter)

27 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Chubb is ridiculous, that was not a bad pick at all. 12 sacks as a rookie! 

They've got the foundation for the best pass rush duo in the league. 

Definitely not a bad pick, but I think Denver will be regretting it when they realize that Keenum (maybe they already do realize) is not the answer and they have no young QB in the wings.

2 hours ago, PIZ said:

Definitely not a bad pick, but I think Denver will be regretting it when they realize that Keenum (maybe they already do realize) is not the answer and they have no young QB in the wings.

Chubb was a home run pick in my book. 

Yes, QB is a problem, but the real issue is that they've had several years of poor drafts, outside of 2018.

• Like (+1) 1

Big Fangio fan, guy can run a great defense. With Kubiak there they could be stuck in the past like McCarthy who didnt adapt to the way the NFL is going.

Too bad they got rid of their best QB ;)

On 1/9/2019 at 12:14 PM, wppete said:

If this doesn’t work out John Elway is done as a GM. He must really believe in Fangio.

Elway will own the team soon. Dont see him ever leaving.