Denver Broncos to hire Vic Fangio as HC

YoloinOhio

Just thinking with all these spots filling up so quickly... but seems like Josh McDaniels isn't going to even get a sniff outside of NE.  I think he's gonna be viewed in a similar light as when Marrone after he left Buffalo.  I think he rubs organizations the wrong way after what he did in Indy.

3 minutes ago, Jobot said:

Just thinking with all these spots filling up so quickly... but seems like Josh McDaniels isn't going to even get a sniff outside of NE.  I think he's gonna be viewed in a similar light as when Marrone after he left Buffalo.  I think he rubs organizations the wrong way after what he did in Indy.

Belichick said yesterday “the door was closed” on any assistants leaving. McDaniel only interviewed with GB and didn’t get it. He turned down an interview with Cincy. He was reportedly interested in the Browns job, but Dorsey didn’t reach out to him. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

As long as Elway is making the decisions, ANYONE on that staff will be chained to his poor decision making. That's the problem with having a Super Bowl winning legend from your team run things... firing him would be INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT.

The main problem with firing Elway currently, is not that he is a legend of their past, IMO, but that he added another Lombardi trophy to their haul as a GM 3 years ago, along with another SB appearance before that, to go along with a significant # of division titles.  He's definitely been under-performing the last couple years though, and at some point you have to think ownership's patience will run out with even him. 

9 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

With Kubiak being retained as OC, I imagine that Sean Kugler will be retained as offensive line coach.  Sean McDermott will likely have to look elsewhere to fill that slot.

Kugler is not a Kubiak guy per se. I'm guessing Kubiak brings back Rick Dennison or Frank Pollack and Kugler is let go. 

2 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

The main problem with firing Elway currently, is not that he is a legend of their past, IMO, but that he added another Lombardi trophy to their haul as a GM 3 years ago, along with another SB appearance before that, to go along with a significant # of division titles.  He's definitely been under-performing the last couple years though, and at some point you have to think ownership's patience will run out with even him. 

His most recent error was not drafting Josh Allen, when they needed a QB of the future.  Thank you Mister Ed.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Belichick said yesterday “the door was closed” on any assistants leaving. McDaniel only interviewed with GB and didn’t get it. He turned down an interview with Cincy. He was reportedly interested in the Browns job, but Dorsey didn’t reach out to him. 

Ha thnx.  Never ever heard of a head coach doing this.. probably just salty vet that doesn't want to answer the question.

1 hour ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

As long as Elway is making the decisions, ANYONE on that staff will be chained to his poor decision making. That's the problem with having a Super Bowl winning legend from your team run things... firing him would be INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT.

Mentioned this earlier as it related to Frank Reich. I would have loved him as our HC, but one loss and we all know the Bills fans who would want him skinned alive on pay-per-view. I would hate to see his historic Buffalo legacy pissed on by fans who crap their Depends every time there's a loss.

13 minutes ago, Jobot said:

Ha thnx.  Never ever heard of a head coach doing this.. probably just salty vet that doesn't want to answer the question.

I heard Tucker and Brandt on NFL/Sirius discussing how McDaniels is, no question, going to be Bellicheck's* successor.

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Fangio is a great fit for the defense they have in place. I will say this, that Kubiak being the OC makes it way less likely Matt Paradis hits free agency. He is a smaller zone center built for and drafted for Kubiak's offense.  

They're going to have between $45M and $50M of cap space once E. Sanders is released, so I doubt Paradis was going to hit FA anyway.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m interested to see who gets the Bears DC job... great gig 

If I were them, I'd stay in house and go with Jay Rodgers as compared to failed HC's like Wilks or Joseph. He had that whole D-Line playing lights out all year