Denver Broncos to hire Vic Fangio as HC

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, WMDman said:

Why would Vangio leave the Bears...I dont see this ending well as they still need an offense as previously mentioned 

There's only 32 NFL head coaching jobs, and clearly he wanted one badly enough to make the jump.  It may be his last chance; the league is moving toward young, offensive-minded HCs, and Fangio is an older, defensive-minded guy.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I thought they would go with munchak. I wonder if he will let us have our OL coach 

HCs almost always allow assistants out of their contracts if they want to leave for other jobs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

There's only 32 NFL head coaching jobs, and clearly he wanted one badly enough to make the jump.  It may be his last chance; the league is moving toward young, offensive-minded HCs, and Fangio is an older, defensive-minded guy.

I guess, but his chances at a ring are much higher with Da Bears than the broncos

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Good for him but what a meh hire.  Why do they just keep hiring defensive coaches? 

From a mile high perspective, it looks like Elway is feeling the heat and this is the safest combination of guys he could find. He has experience with Kubiak so he knows what he is getting and Fangio should mesh well with a talented D. 

8 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

HCs almost always allow assistants out of their contracts if they want to leave for other jobs.

With this one though, it appears Kubiak is running the offense and he was already there, so might choose to keep him