Just got a stadium survey from the Bills

Wonder what @Dunkirk Don answered? Worried about his ROI on those downtown properties he holds.

I also said I would spend about $5K more on the Bills a year than I currently spend.  My wife is going to keeeeelll me...  ?

Edited by JoeF
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

I'd be all for a retro fit of the current stadium. The tailgating alone is worth keeping the stadium where it is. Plus a retrofit would probably be the cheaper option. Engineer it so you could put a retractable dome on it. Make it usable year round 

This^^^ 

I live in Boston and I’d love to see them do what Boston has done to Fenway. Modernize it and build around it. 

5 hours ago, teef said:

it really was.  seem like they want to know if you're willing to pay, and what you're willing to pay for.

So, I take that if they go with your response, wooden bleachers are in our new stadiums future?

5 hours ago, runner68 said:

This smells of an orginization that has basically already made a decision in what they’re going to do, but it’s trying to find ways to give a false sense of fan involvement. 

Thats not not a bad thing honestly. Their business, their decision, as long as government money isn’t involved. 

So what if it is? What are you going to do, move out of state?

Here’s news for you.....government money is already being used in that stadium and has been for quite some time.

At least the government would be spending money on something I enjoy.

• Thank you (+1) 1

PSLs would be awful.  I'd much rather have a stadium without a lot of amenities than have that.

PS - and by amenity I include train horn

Edited by stevewin

PSL. (Personal seat license.) I live in Charlotte and they were one of the first to start PSL's.You will pay somewhere between $3,000 to $7,000 (One time fee) for the right to purchase a season ticket for that seat. If you do not purchase your season tickets for your seat you will lose your investment. If for some reason you want to upgrade your seat location you will have to first see your PSL and buy a new PSL for your next seat location.  Its a crappy way to pay for a new stadium. You will be held hostage every year so not to lose your initial investment. 

I filled out the survey. They won't take my response seriously. However. I voted for a downtown stadium every time it came up. I voted for the most expensive options every time. It's time the Bills lose the 20-year-old drunks in the crowd and get respectable customers.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

By the design of the survey you can see several objectives, determine:

• downtown or OP
  • renovate or new build
  • fan base tolerance of PSLs
  • pricing point for various options in OP

Peoples survey experience may differ because it seemed how you answered one question would cause custom follow-on questions.

I'm glad the Pegula's are in charge. I expect a very professional and well thought out decision from them. Can't say the same for all the politicos and special interest groups in WNY.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Roch-A-Bill said:

You can fill out the survey even if you don't get it emailed to you. Here's one link based on a google search, I'm sure there are others:

https://www.whec.com/news/buffalo-bills-survey/5204151/

Just filled this out - anyone can do it by clicking this link.

In additional comments I did enter a plea to get rid of train horn.  I encourage all other fully sane, rational board members to do the same.

• Thank you (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

So, I take that if they go with your response, wooden bleachers are in our new stadiums future?

I suggested we sit on milk crates. The frills take away from the game. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

I'd be all for a retro fit of the current stadium. The tailgating alone is worth keeping the stadium where it is. Plus a retrofit would probably be the cheaper option. Engineer it so you could put a retractable dome on it. Make it usable year round 

I think this is the best idea. I'm not from the Buffalo area, but a retractable roof or covering the fans from most of the elements would aide in allowing the elderly and handicap to attend games as well.

But, I like Arizona's stadium being in a dome with a grass field. Also, would benefit the noise the home crowd could generate within the dome. Side note: I hate turf and wish all fields were grass. 

30 minutes ago, notwoz said:

I filled out the survey. They won't take my response seriously. However. I voted for a downtown stadium every time it came up. I voted for the most expensive options every time. It's time the Bills lose the 20-year-old drunks in the crowd and get respectable customers.

what about us mid 50"s year old drunks smart guy

• Like (+1) 2

New stadium with retractable roof. Only one question pertaining to that.

Old guy here will not go to many games. Put a dome on a new stadium and I’ll purchase a Loge for 3-7 years, might even buy a 30 year PSL and will it to my kids.

I cannot stand the drive, the elements and massive cluster ***** of leaving the stadium. Offer me entertainment venues and restaurants and we stay after the game.

Pegulas need to stop with this dinosaur in Orchard Park and build a stadium closer to Buffalo, not in a friggin cow pasture.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, notwoz said:

Nobody needs drunks.

my wife does!!!

2 minutes ago, dlonce said:

New stadium with retractable roof. Only one question pertaining to that.

Old guy here will not go to many games. Put a dome on a new stadium and I’ll purchase a Loge for 3-7 years, might even buy a 30 year PSL and will it to my kids.

I cannot stand the drive, the elements and massive cluster ***** of leaving the stadium. Offer me entertainment venues and restaurants and we stay after the game.

Pegulas need to stop with this dinosaur in Orchard Park and build a stadium closer to Buffalo, not in a friggin cow pasture.

just to cater to you old farts? Think it's bad leaving Orchard park? Wait till ya see what its like leaving downtown. 

• Like (+1) 3