If The Bills Win The Super Bowl Who Do You Want To Beat?

corta765

I like the OP scenario with maybe one change, winning at Pittsburgh in the divisional round and then getting NE at home and beating them in the championship game (could happen if we are the #3 seed, NE #5 and Pitt #2.)  I just think it would be so much more meaningful to have the championship game in Buffalo.  And I agree beating Dallas in the SB would be best.  2

losses in the SB in the 90s plus the Stars beating the Sabres in the Stanley Cup.  Buffalo is due for a win over Dallas.

• Like (+1) 1

Wild Card - Beat the Titans with a touchdown as time expires.  I have never recovered from the Music City Debacle and my therapist agrees that I need to get this out of my system.

Divisional Round - Thump the Patriots.  I want to see Brady whining to the refs and screaming at his teammates on the sideline as we pummel them.   A few tears would be a nice touch.

Conference Final - Epic matchup with the Browns with several lead changes, but the Bills pulling through in the final quarter.  The Browns have the foundation for a great team if they can assemble an effective coaching staff.  I would like a world where the Bills and Browns are the class of the AFC.

Super Bowl - LA Rams.  The Rams (in my opinion) are the most complete team on both sides of the ball and will be for the remainder of Goff's rookie contract.  If you want to be the best, you need to beat the best.

• Like (+1) 1

It absolutely, positively does not matter to me one iota.  I'm actually surprised it does to any fan.  Every year is different and when you've been out of the mix for as long as Buffalo has it's not as if you're trying to "avenge" last year's playoff loss...

If Buffalo wins the SB it means everyone else (including the Pats***) fell short.  That's good enough for me.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Similar to yours.

Divisional round: Beat the Steelers in an overtime classic.
Conference Title: Blow out the Patriots*, end their dynasty.
Super Bowl: Bills QB drives Bills down the field in 2-minute drill and throws the winning TD pass with 15 seconds left on the clock. Bills fans everywhere have heart attacks as the ball as kicked off to the opponent with a little time left on the clock, but the worry is for naught. 

Fandemonium in the streets of Buffalo.

I'll be that guy... You know this is more realistic anyways with Brady around.

Last game of season: Sneak into Wildcard round by crushing Jags, ruining their wildcard chance and getting Marrone fired never to coach again.

Wildcard: Beat the Titans in last second fashion to reverse MSM.

Division: Stomp Rapelisberger into retirement.

Conference: Smash Brady into ol noodle arm and end up with 4 pick sixes. Kyle Williams runs onto the field and elbow drops Gronk into retirement as well as Edleman getting knocked into the year 3019 after trying his fair catch block on Logan Thomas. We win 63-0 and Brady, Gronk and Edleman all give each other bjs in the hospital. Belicheat gets caught inflating Bradys Balls for the final time and gets banned from the NFL and HOF also Brady and both get stripped of all their accomplishments.

Super Bowl: Beat the Cowboys 51-49, Josh Allen runs in the 99 yard game winning TD as time expires and launches the Ball through the dome to the moon.

Edited by Sherlock Holmes
  • Haha (+1) 2

Great Thread. 

I would echo the OP's order of things. 

Wild Card - Steelers at home and win big.  - Can't stand the Steeler fanbase.

Divisional - Close win at home in a back and forth game with the Browns.  Just because it would be cool seeing both the Bills and Browns being relevant for a change.

AFC Title Game - Massive Blowout win against the Cheats at Foxboro.  Brady and Belichick get hurt when Brady gets shoved into Belichick trying to run for the sideline to stop the clock.  Both call it quits and retire. 

Super Bowl - No question: Dallas.  Massive win 52-17.  Jerry takes the Cowboys franchise public that year to test the economic waters only to be canned by the board of directors after the defeat. 

JMHO  - Not cynical or anything. ?

• Like (+1) 1

I'd like to beat Jacksonville, because eff you St. Doug, and obvously the Patriots*. Although to play Houston would be cool, because I can go to the game. I'd like to beat the Seahawks, because I'm still mad about that cheap shot by Richard Sherman on MNF, and the fake punt in Toronto when they were already beating us by an embarrassing amount. 

1 hour ago, corta765 said:

If the Bills were to win the Super Bowl who would be your favorite opponents to beat along the way. For some people this may be who they hate the most, for others it may be who may be the most compelling matchup.

For me it would look like this:

Divisional Round: Host the Patriots at home and beat them on a last minute drive which absolutely guts their heart. Blowing out a team is fun but the pain is always worse when it is close. I want to drive that dagger of defeat in their hearts.

Conference Title: Go to Pittsburgh and beat the Steelers 30-10. The Steelers are the most annoying obnoxious fanbase out there. I would love to beat them in their place to win the title.

Super Bowl: If it for revenge then the Bills beat Dallas 43-9 exorcising their demons against this bunch. If it is on who would be a fun matchup the 49ers would most likely be my pick given how close it almost happened in the past and I think both fan bases could have fun with the game when the Bills win 24-13. Lions or Vikings just feels cruel to beat a long suffering bunch like ourselves and if we lost to either I probably would feel worse knowing someone else has left the basement.

How about you?

WRT to any team I hate ....  I wouldn't want them sniffing the playoffs.  

2 hours ago, corta765 said:

If the Bills were to win the Super Bowl who would be your favorite opponents to beat along the way. For some people this may be who they hate the most, for others it may be who may be the most compelling matchup.

For me it would look like this:

Divisional Round: Host the Patriots at home and beat them on a last minute drive which absolutely guts their heart. Blowing out a team is fun but the pain is always worse when it is close. I want to drive that dagger of defeat in their hearts.

Conference Title: Go to Pittsburgh and beat the Steelers 30-10. The Steelers are the most annoying obnoxious fanbase out there. I would love to beat them in their place to win the title.

Super Bowl: If it for revenge then the Bills beat Dallas 43-9 exorcising their demons against this bunch. If it is on who would be a fun matchup the 49ers would most likely be my pick given how close it almost happened in the past and I think both fan bases could have fun with the game when the Bills win 24-13. Lions or Vikings just feels cruel to beat a long suffering bunch like ourselves and if we lost to either I probably would feel worse knowing someone else has left the basement.

How about you?

I'd like to beat the Patriots at home in the Conference title game.

Then for the Super Bowl I'd have the Bills beat the Giants on the foot of Steven Hauschka, nailing a 50+ yard FG straight down the middle to close the game.

It can be a clip forever played next to "wide right," with accompanying videos of all our players & fans jumping for joy celebrating instead of falling to the ground or hanging their heads in misery.

***BONUS*** 

If we could somehow beat the Titans on some jank gimmick play in the last seconds to eliminate them from the playoffs, that'd be a great feeling too (though it couldn't happen in my above scenario).

Edited by BigDingus