If The Bills Win The Super Bowl Who Do You Want To Beat?

corta765

If the Bills were to win the Super Bowl who would be your favorite opponents to beat along the way. For some people this may be who they hate the most, for others it may be who may be the most compelling matchup.

For me it would look like this:

Divisional Round: Host the Patriots at home and beat them on a last minute drive which absolutely guts their heart. Blowing out a team is fun but the pain is always worse when it is close. I want to drive that dagger of defeat in their hearts.

Conference Title: Go to Pittsburgh and beat the Steelers 30-10. The Steelers are the most annoying obnoxious fanbase out there. I would love to beat them in their place to win the title.

Super Bowl: If it for revenge then the Bills beat Dallas 43-9 exorcising their demons against this bunch. If it is on who would be a fun matchup the 49ers would most likely be my pick given how close it almost happened in the past and I think both fan bases could have fun with the game when the Bills win 24-13. Lions or Vikings just feels cruel to beat a long suffering bunch like ourselves and if we lost to either I probably would feel worse knowing someone else has left the basement.

How about you?

• Like (+1) 6

Similar to yours.

Divisional round: Beat the Steelers in an overtime classic.
Conference Title: Blow out the Patriots*, end their dynasty.
Super Bowl: Bills QB drives Bills down the field in 2-minute drill and throws the winning TD pass with 15 seconds left on the clock. Bills fans everywhere have heart attacks as the ball as kicked off to the opponent with a little time left on the clock, but the worry is for naught. 

Fandemonium in the streets of Buffalo.

I think I would go with Josh Rosen and the Arizona Cardinals. It would be the perfect story for all the people that said the bills drafted the wrong Josh. Playoffs should be games against the other 1st round draft picks from that year. We win the division as a third seed, and beat Lamar Jackson at home in the wild card round. Then we beat Baker Mayfield in Cleveland in the divisional round. Sam Darnold and the Jets were a wildcard, and make it to the AFC championship game. We beat them at home.

• Like (+1) 5

Well, ideally the Pats suck and miss the playoffs after getting blown out twice in the regular season by the Bills. So no, my ideal path through the playoffs would not include the Pats, because in my ideal path the Pats are picking top 10 in the draft.

I'd like to see it go down like this:

-Wild Card: Bye

-Divisional Round: Bills vs Jets (Allen vs Darnold). Bills win 34-17.

-Conference Championship: Bills vs Colts. Bills win 24-21.

-Superbowl: Bills vs Giants. Bills win 31-17.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, corta765 said:

If the Bills were to win the Super Bowl who would be your favorite opponents to beat along the way. For some people this may be who they hate the most, for others it may be who may be the most compelling matchup.

For me it would look like this:

Divisional Round: Host the Patriots at home and beat them on a last minute drive which absolutely guts their heart. Blowing out a team is fun but the pain is always worse when it is close. I want to drive that dagger of defeat in their hearts.

Conference Title: Go to Pittsburgh and beat the Steelers 30-10. The Steelers are the most annoying obnoxious fanbase out there. I would love to beat them in their place to win the title.

Super Bowl: If it for revenge then the Bills beat Dallas 43-9 exorcising their demons against this bunch. If it is on who would be a fun matchup the 49ers would most likely be my pick given how close it almost happened in the past and I think both fan bases could have fun with the game when the Bills win 24-13. Lions or Vikings just feels cruel to beat a long suffering bunch like ourselves and if we lost to either I probably would feel worse knowing someone else has left the basement.

How about you?

Cowboys would definitely be the ideal as I disliked them before I was a full-throated Bills fan (don't tell me who "America's Team" is), and losing those two SBs cemented that. Giants would only be fun b/c it would be such a big deal where I live (about 5 miles from Met Life Stadium). 

In earlier rounds, would definitely love to take down the Patriots -- although knocking them out of playoffs in two games in reg season would be even tastier. The Titans would be fun to beat to exorcise any demons (plus that franchise seems to play classic playoff games). Allen beating Mahomes with a couple of Tre picks would be a well-scripted Championship game.

I know there is the Super Bowl revenge factor, but it would be nice having one over on Los Angeles and beating the Rams.

You know what would suck?

If we play the Cowboys, we have the better team record wise, and they take us to the wood shed like the two previous times.

...that would be tough.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

Wouldn't really care but if I have to pick one.... Philly. Can't stand them and I have never really known why. I have wanted the Patriots to beat them in both their Superbowl meetings that is how bad I hate them. It is a bit irrational, I can't explain it, but there is no team I enjoy seeing win less than Philadelphia. 

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

Well, ideally the Pats suck and miss the playoffs after getting blown out twice in the regular season by the Bills. So no, my ideal path through the playoffs would not include the Pats, because in my ideal path the Pats are picking top 10 in the draft.

I'd like to see it go down like this:

-Wild Card: Bye

-Divisional Round: Bills vs Jets (Allen vs Darnold). Bills win 34-17.

-Conference Championship: Bills vs Colts. Bills win 24-21.

-Superbowl: Bills vs Giants. Bills win 31-17.

Colts are a cool, forward-looking choice as they may take the reins from the Pats as the power team considering they already are a SB contender and have a ton of draft picks and cap space. This year, I'm kinda rooting for 'em. Luck is a fellow nerd who just happens to be an amazingly talented QB, and hard to go against Frank Reich, but I know that will change after a span of dominance.