New TG Story - Bruce and Willford lobbied for Reich to follow Marrone - Russ and Whaley pushed back

Reed83HOF

7 hours ago, hemma said:

Brandon didn't have time to return Bruce's calls because he was doing other important, personal stuff.

He really took a lot of time to help the interns exchange and share “his business”... um acumen? 

7 hours ago, Virgil said:

I like this and the owners have a valid point of concern. I’m not saying it should be a reason to not have hired him, but it’s worth taking consideration. 

I’ve always wondered if our Alum was more or less visible than other players on other teams. 

Agree - priority is loyalty to ownership.  

There was a risk with a Frank R type he’s more loyal to the alumni and his own image of the Bills.  

No reason to defend guess how it all ended up at this time. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

2 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Wondering about what might have happened offers no value and it's impossible to know if Reich would have succeeded or not.  With all due respect, you do a lot of worrying. 

Based on what? A few football related comments you saw me make on a message board during the offseason?

I have no idea who you are, and I'm not sure how you seem to think you know who I am. 

What a weird thing to say.

14 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Everyone was NOT looking for reason to call  the Buffalo Bills a front office clown-show but I guess you were since you said everyone.

Those who thought that were pathetic.  Marv Levy was brought in due to a GM who was rated as top candidate from top organization decided that his reputation was more important than results resulting in fans with bags, etc.  Donahoe was destroying the franchise and Marv Levy was brought in to repair damage.

Guess it was a poor choice of words to say "everyone." 

It would be more accurate to say that moves made by the Bills franchise were (and still are) looked at by MOST critics with pessimism and negativity.  Especially during Ralph Wilson's final years running the team.

When some teams hire an inexperienced GM or coach, they are looked at as forward-thinking and bold.  Wilson was considered an out-of-touch and senile old fool, who couldn't persuade anyone with a decent resume to come to Buffalo and was reluctant to give anyone else significant power in the organization.  Go back and look at the things people in the media (both national and local) said - and still say about the Levy hire.  They say he wanted a weak GM hire after being betrayed by Donahoe.  They say he was still stuck in the 90s and had no idea what other front office candidates were available. 

14 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Guess it was a poor choice of words to say "everyone." 

It would be more accurate to say that moves made by the Bills franchise were (and still are) looked at by MOST critics with pessimism and negativity.  Especially during Ralph Wilson's final years running the team.

When some teams hire an inexperienced GM or coach, they are looked at as forward-thinking and bold.  Wilson was considered an out-of-touch and senile old fool, who couldn't persuade anyone with a decent resume to come to Buffalo and was reluctant to give anyone else significant power in the organization.  Go back and look at the things people in the media (both national and local) said - and still say about the Levy hire.  They say he wanted a weak GM hire after being betrayed by Donahoe.  They say he was still stuck in the 90s and had no idea what other front office candidates were available. 

Nice post, but you were right in the first place, it was a complete and total clown show.

To everyone who thinks the pressure on Reich in Buffalo would enormous, there is an important news flash. The pressure on every NFL coach is enormous.  Only a small handful make it to the five year mark.  Reich did a nice job in Indy this season.  There is no reason to think he would not be a good coach elsewhere.  If Reich goes on to win a string of super bowls, and McDermot washes out in Buffalo, it will be fair to say we might have blown it. 

BRANDON was a cancer to this team for years and years... the best thing to happen in buffalo is him getting ***** canned! (sleaze ball) 

that being said Frank would have made a fantastic coach...   hopefully we don't someday regret it.  Im still not sold in Our coach and his Play not to lose mentality.  

Edited by gordong

18 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Did not see your picture so could not be a TOTAL clown show.

Only a complete and total clown would defend that clown show. You were already accordingly labeled by me many years ago, but it’s nice that all the new posters can see exactly where you stand. :D

Edited by Rico