2019 Movies You're Most Excited About?

Halloween Land

That's easy...........

Godzilla, King of Monsters.

With the shmorgishborg of awful movies that have come out in recents times..............

this one is an easy call.

Godzilla vs. King Ghidora is supposed to be a main event epic battle. We shall see.

41 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

The trailer looks amazing

It definitely has a chance to be very unique compared to the rest of the comic book stuff. There’s so much potential with the character so please please please get it right. 

14 hours ago, shrader said:

DC released a trailer for Joker today.  I really hope they get that one right.

I have my doubts with DC's track record and Todd Phillips as the director.  Joaquin Phoenix is a strong choice though so who knows.

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I have my doubts with DC's track record and Todd Phillips as the director.  Joaquin Phoenix is a strong choice though so who knows.

They've done pretty well with the last two movies.  I feel like they may finally get it now that they're focusing more on solo stories.  I don't really know enough about Phillips to comment on that portion of the post.

I do like the Phoenix choice, but at the same time, he feels a bit old for the role.  Even if he's playing someone well below his actual age, there still looks to be a huge gap between him and the young Bruce Wayne who shows up in the trailer.

On a side note, he looks like he's gone to Christian Bale levels when it comes to preparing for the role.  Someone get the guy a sandwich.

4 hours ago, shrader said:

They've done pretty well with the last two movies.  I feel like they may finally get it now that they're focusing more on solo stories.  I don't really know enough about Phillips to comment on that portion of the post.

I do like the Phoenix choice, but at the same time, he feels a bit old for the role.  Even if he's playing someone well below his actual age, there still looks to be a huge gap between him and the young Bruce Wayne who shows up in the trailer.

On a side note, he looks like he's gone to Christian Bale levels when it comes to preparing for the role.  Someone get the guy a sandwich.

Wonder Woman was good but I haven't seen Aquaman yet.  As far as the weight loss, I hope Phoenix doesn't get too involved in the role like Ledger did.  Phillips did The Hangover movies and mostly other comedies up to this point so he's a wildcard.  The trailer makes it seem more of a "Taxi Driver" descend into madness type movie compared to a traditional comic book movie.  It could be very good.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/11/2019 at 8:51 AM, LeGOATski said:

It: Chapter 2

Glass

Godzilla: King of Monsters

Sick. Add that to my list.

The animated She Ra show on Netflix sucked ass.

IT: Chapter 2

I’m a huge fan of IT and was very skeptical when this new version was released. I was so pleased with how well it was done that I’ve been eagerly awaiting this ever since.

Now if only someone could do The Stand justice.

Edited by Rockpile233

1 minute ago, Rico said:

John Wick 3 FTW.

Godzilla will win the world wide audience.

I don't know how well it will do here.

It's supposed to be more monster action than any monster movie ever produced. But, I will believe when I see it.

But if it turns out that there will be a lot of monster action, this movie could be a biggie.

51 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Godzilla will win the world wide audience.

I don't know how well it will do here.

It's supposed to be more monster action than any monster movie ever produced. But, I will believe when I see it.

But if it turns out that there will be a lot of monster action, this movie could be a biggie.

I saw a longer trailer before Endgame. Looks better than the last one, but Godzilla’s not right, his head is too small.

Also, Rocketman opens the same day, too early to tell but that may get the word-of-mouth advantage and make more money.

10 minutes ago, Rico said:

I saw a longer trailer before Endgame. Looks better than the last one, but Godzilla’s not right, his head is too small.

Also, Rocketman opens the same day, too early to tell but that may get the word-of-mouth advantage and make more money.

I don't know, Godzilla's popularity world wide Is off the charts