WR for this offense do you prefer the Bills target size or speed?

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I'm in if true.

Having some potential homer reservations, though :P

Look at what the draft experts say and watch some film on the kid. 

He he needs to lean the entire route tree but that’s something he can learn in training camp. He runs good routs, could get better and will with time and proper coaching. Can get separation, has a big catch radius, wins the contested catches, has very strong hands, he’s a big body WR and plays faster than his 40 time. (This is my take on the kid) 

He’s going to be a special player. No off field issues. He’s the best WR in the draft. 

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

That and STRONG hands. For all the dismissal about Allen throwing too hard, there's merit. I'd take a good look at hand size among the receivers as silly as that may seem.

I’m telling you guys, N’Keal Harry our of ASU he’s exactly what you are all asking for. 

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Conley has those nearly 34 inch arms, 45 inch vert, at 6-3 and runs 4.35. Perfect guy. 

Adding Harmon and Conley would really be fun.

give me Tate, Adam Humphries or Conley. Need guys that can catch the ball. One free agent and one high draft pick and our WRs position is in pretty good shape, especially if Duke williams can be a contributor.  

Edited by NewEra

I prefer the type of WR that is D.K. Metcalf...

There are plenty of good WR's in this Draft...It's a really nice class with decent depth...We just need another guy that can step up and be consistent no matter what type...I do think Metcalf is the one guy in this Draft that has legit #1 WR potential (yes the dreaded p-word)...Assuming his health checks out and he develops properly...The rest, while clearly having a lot of talent, remind more of solid #2's...But that's OK...We just need more talent there of any type...?

• Like (+1) 1

Both.

Never understand the this or that analogies when it comes to sports, both is always better.

22 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Basically do you prefer a Hollywood Brown or an AJ Brown type? Cause I’m in Hollywood’s camp can’t teach off the top of the defense speed like that 

definitely not Brown, toooo small and fragile.

I just want a WR with great hands, route running & situational awareness. Speed & size can be whatever as long as the guy has the ability to be where he needs to be play after play, and be able to find a way to get open when the pocket breaks down & the QB begins to scramble.

With Allen being a running QB first & foremost, our WR's need to figure out how to adjust when he rolls out or starts to scramble, as he'll be looking downfield if he can't find a path ahead. Being able to improvise will be invaluable to our QB.

39 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I just want a WR with great hands, route running & situational awareness. Speed & size can be whatever as long as the guy has the ability to be where he needs to be play after play, and be able to find a way to get open when the pocket breaks down & the QB begins to scramble.

With Allen being a running QB first & foremost, our WR's need to figure out how to adjust when he rolls out or starts to scramble, as he'll be looking downfield if he can't find a path ahead. Being able to improvise will be invaluable to our QB.

Ummmm....not really.

I prefer them to target contested catch ability. That was sorely lacking from our WR's this past season. Our guys couldn't catch it if there was a defender on them, and sometimes couldn't even catch it when wide open. Pretty much every other team I watched had contested catches almost every single game. That would do loads for Josh Allen.

So great hands. Whoever can catch the ball without fail, even with a defender on them. I don't care if they are big or small, fast or slow.

Edited by MJS

On 1/9/2019 at 6:34 AM, 78thealltimegreat said:

Basically do you prefer a Hollywood Brown or an AJ Brown type? Cause I’m in Hollywood’s camp can’t teach off the top of the defense speed like that 

I prefer Both

15 hours ago, KOKBILLS said:

I prefer the type of WR that is D.K. Metcalf...

There are plenty of good WR's in this Draft...It's a really nice class with decent depth...We just need another guy that can step up and be consistent no matter what type...I do think Metcalf is the one guy in this Draft that has legit #1 WR potential (yes the dreaded p-word)...Assuming his health checks out and he develops properly...The rest, while clearly having a lot of talent, remind more of solid #2's...But that's OK...We just need more talent there of any type...?

He was my initial crush but after watching some tape i don’t think he’s a good fit with allen. We need a dude that has super sticky hands.  Dependable.  Metcalf is almost Stephen Hill-like.  I assume he’ll be better, but I can’t help to compare them

10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He was my initial crush but after watching some tape i don’t think he’s a good fit with allen. We need a dude that has super sticky hands.  Dependable.  Metcalf is almost Stephen Hill-like.  I assume he’ll be better, but I can’t help to compare them

Watch some Tyre Brady tape. It'll make you feel good.

• Like (+1) 1

I can only remember one pass where Allen threw a contested ball where catch radius meant anything, Croom pass versus Lions in 4th.

However, you can look pass after pass where Allen throws to guy that has created space.

Allen will always be a QB, like Rodgers, that holds the ball until a guy is opened.  A guys ability to catch contested balls is useless when your QB doesn't throw those balls.