WR for this offense do you prefer the Bills target size or speed?

The offense is dying for complimentary players, not big time #1 receivers. I want a guy who is smart, is going to be in the right place, and will go up and get it when it is thrown to him. 

Chris Conley is his name. Free agent from KC. 6-3, 215 and a 4.35 forty. He holds the combine record for a 45 inch vertical. He's a super smart guy with an awesome personality. He's been kind of buried on the depth chart, but does have 5 touchdown catches this year (catches and TDs would tie him for second on our team). He does have a good amount of experience, he just falls low in the pecking order of guys to target. He's 26 years old and has a good relationship with David Culley who had a big part in his development in KC. 

Conley is the exact type of guy we should be adding to our corps. He's not a look at me guy, he has size and speed, good strong hands, and is a very intelligent football player. Perfect fit for the guys we have now and our quarterback. 

Here's a great article from Forbes:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/darrenheitner/2015/03/04/georgia-wr-chris-conley-is-the-most-intriguing-player-in-the-2015-nfl-draft/#1a8780632171

The guy oozes process and has a ton of athletic upside. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

You want elements of both, lest you become one dimensional. But if I'm building around Josh Allen I prioritize speed and pass blocking OL to take advantage of his strengths.

Allen's best assets are his arm strength and running ability. Deep routes obviously take longer to develop than quick-strike intermediate and short routes. They also spread out the defense (especially when your QB can throw a 50 yard strike on a rope) which opens up running opportunities.

I'd also prioritize speed and hands in a RB so that he may take advantage of the space created by the spread out defense.

I realize big, physical, conservative, ball-control oriented offenses are generally preferred by defensive-minded coaches, but if Josh Allen is your QB of the future, build an offense that exploits the mismatches he creates.

5 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

This is my choice if they move back in the first. I like his game a lot. 

Bills trade 9th to Texans for 23rd, 54th and 55th picks

1. Hakeem Butler-WR Iowa State 6'5 215
2. Trayvon Mullen-CB Clemson 6'1 194
2. Garrett Bradbury-C North Carolina State 6'3 305
2. Kaden Smith-TE Stanford 6'5 252 
3. Max Scharping-G North Illinois 6'5 315
4. James Williams-RB Washington State 6'0 205 

If I could just poach a couple right now I’d grab Alston Jeffrey from philly and desean Jackson from Tampa.. drop a 2 to philly and a 5 to Tampa. Get it done OBD lol.. 

In all seriousness I would say Allen needs the speedy guys the most. Get 3 burners out there and scare the crap out of defenses with the deep ball. Should leave a giant portion of the field open for a running back or tight end weekly.. Not sure I trust Allen and his touch to be tossing up many jump balls 

7 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

WR for Allen....speed

Ask a woman...size

If a woman is astonished by your speed, you’ve got a problem. 

I don’t care if you get “open” with speed, size or technical route running. PLEASE catch the ball!!!!

There were more great catches in the National Championship game than we had all season long.....

Edited by Augie

1 minute ago, Augie said:

If a woman is astonished by your speed, you’ve got a problem. 

I don’t care if you get “open” with speed, size or technical route running. PLEASE catch the ball!!!!

There were more great catches in the National Championship game than we had all season long.....

Speed and women lead to break ups.

1. I'm not asking for much. Just someone who can catch the damn ball. So many drops last year.

2. Doesn't have to have 4.4 speed but must have above average catch radius and separation ability. 

3. Lastly, be durable unlike Watkins & Goodwin. I can easily see us drafting both a speed guy and size guy. And hopefully we consider signing Ty Williams to a lower contract. 

3 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

The offense is dying for complimentary players, not big time #1 receivers. I want a guy who is smart, is going to be in the right place, and will go up and get it when it is thrown to him. 

Chris Conley is his name. Free agent from KC. 6-3, 215 and a 4.35 forty. He holds the combine record for a 45 inch vertical. He's a super smart guy with an awesome personality. He's been kind of buried on the depth chart, but does have 5 touchdown catches this year (catches and TDs would tie him for second on our team). He does have a good amount of experience, he just falls low in the pecking order of guys to target. He's 26 years old and has a good relationship with David Culley who had a big part in his development in KC. 

Conley is the exact type of guy we should be adding to our corps. He's not a look at me guy, he has size and speed, good strong hands, and is a very intelligent football player. Perfect fit for the guys we have now and our quarterback. 

Here's a great article from Forbes:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/darrenheitner/2015/03/04/georgia-wr-chris-conley-is-the-most-intriguing-player-in-the-2015-nfl-draft/#1a8780632171

The guy oozes process and has a ton of athletic upside. 

You just know Beane is going to throw money at Funchess. but this is a good shout. 

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

The Kelvin Harmon type.  

Such a solid, solid player. He probably goes 20-40 range but someone's going to get a good NFL WR.

Edited by FeelingOnYouboty

9 hours ago, GreggTX said:

We need a guy that has a big catch radius because Josh's weakness is his accuracy. Go for the guy with the ability to make the tough, off-target catches.

That and STRONG hands. For all the dismissal about Allen throwing too hard, there's merit. I'd take a good look at hand size among the receivers as silly as that may seem.

• Like (+1) 1