A Question for Bills fans?

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

Why do you not also hate Washington and the Giants?  Seems like you would, at least half as much.

Eli and the G men have been hard for me to hate despite the heartbreaking loss to the Giants in the Superbowl.

Maybe because I blame Norwide for the loss more then anything...

...damn kickers...

12 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

The only teams outside of the Bills I dont mind are the Vikings, Rams, Chargers, Ravens.

The rest of the league can go to hell.

I believe they are probably nice there. Their out of town fanbase is unbearable.

THAT’S the spirit!  

?

• Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

Are the Packers one of your least favorite teams outside of your conference?

Ice, you and I have been through this before.  And the answer is not Yes, but HELL YES.

As you know, I was born and raised in Dallas by the printing supplier salesman for the Cowboys and his bride.  He was in tight with the front office guys and knew some of the players and coaches.  Offensive Lineman John Niland once came over to our house one time.  Needless to say I too was a HUGE FAN of the Tom Landry era Cowboys.  The Cowboys played the Packers in the 1966 (Cotton Bowl) and 1967 (Ice Bowl) NFL Championship games.  Broke my heart and have hated and cheer against the Packer always ever since. Became a Bills fan in 1996, but old habits die hard.  I only root for the Pack if it can help the Bills.  Otherwise they are one of my least favorite teams outside of the AFCE?

Others:

Stealers - Beat Cowboys in SB X and XIII.  I also played on the Seahawks Blue Thunder Drumlin in 2005 and we went to SB XL against Stealers and we got to go and once again lost.  So they are my most hated.

Cowboys - Loved them til Smiley and his zoo arrived and turned a very classy organization into a slimy Clown show.

Titans - Need I say any more?

Jaguars - In my time as a Bills fan since 1996 we are 0-2 against them in playoffs.

Edited by reddogblitz

I liked the Pack more when Favre was flinging the tater.  Pats make me puke.  Boys make me belch.  The following make me go to sleep:  Texans, Cards, Hawks, Bucs, Titans, Lions, Bungles, Ravens, and Jags.  Jets and Phish give me methane.  Bills make me shout.  I kinda like Chargers, Vikes, and all of Bird teams in states starting with P and G.  Skins give me nausea.  Browns make me get down.  Panthers make me wet my pants.  Finally, Saints make me faint.  My fav NFC team may be da Bears.  Like to see Bills and Bears in SB in 2021.  Go Bills!!!

19 hours ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

Are the Packers one of your least favorite teams outside of your conference?

No, on the contrary, they're my NFC team.

Their fans are like our "spirit animals".  What Bills fan could not love a team with fans who paint themselves gold and green, stick a piece of cheese on their heads, and scream like a maniac for 3 hrs in a snowstorm?

Rodgers always has been an arrogant guy, but the Pack won and he could back it up. Now the team is losing and he is still arrogant, so  he looks like another word that starts with an A.

After going to the game last year in Green Bay, I love the Pack. Great town, fans, and stadium. I will be back in 8 years!

Nothing wrong with the Packers. But I do think they should have had more Super Bowl appearances than they have had with Rogers. Like the Bills, they are a small market, very cold weather team that has not given in to the corporate demand for domes. I like that. 

No way.  I love that team.  I almost bought stock last time it was offered, but it was before Ralph passed and there were rumors/whispers circulating in various places that a similar situation could happen with the Bills.  I opted to take a wait and see approach because the Bills staying in Buffalo was my number one priority.

Seeing a game in Green Bay is definitely on my bucket list, but right now it is cost prohibitive, if not just plain impossible to find 6 seats together for my family and I.  Someday though...

I too have always kinda liked the Pack.  Small market, cold weather, and the G helmets.  

Recently I kind of like Seattle mainly because my son is a fan and their games are generally fun to watch.

My hate is reserved for NE & Dallas. 

Not sure of the ? .. as to me there are too many similarities between the Bills and Packers and not sure how one could root against the other. 

Outdoor cold weather teams from smaller media markets and blue collar towns ROCK .. that's real football in December.

So to officially answer your question .. BOO to Jerry World in Dallas

I think my dislike for the Packers has grown over the years as I believe they have become a great landing spot for frontrunning fans.  When I was a kid in the 70's and 80's I literally did not know a single Green Bay fan (because they sucked).  Now after roughly 25 years of the best quarterbacking you can get (only 4 losing seasons since 1992!), I see Green Bay stuff everywhere.  They are the NFC equivalent of the Patriots for me.  I'll be just as interested to see what becomes of the non-local fanbase for the Pack when Rodgers is gone as I will be for the Pats when Brady is gone.

Edited by Epstein's Mother

I don't know how you can love football and not love the Packers (unless you're in their division).

The legacy is amazing. I still remember images as a kid of the city of Green Bay when they were on MNF. You'd see empty streets begging for a tumbleweed, except for maybe one lone pedestrian walking their dog. The city loves, loves, loves their team and it's just terrific.

I would add that possibly one of my favorite football games ever (that didn't include Manning or Foles beating the Pats*) was the game Favre played when his father died. If ever you saw an entire team lift themselves up for the QB, this was the moment. It was borderline surreal.

14 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

I would add that possibly one of my favorite football games ever (that didn't include Manning or Foles beating the Pats*) was the game Favre played when his father died. If ever you saw an entire team lift themselves up for the QB, this was the moment. It was borderline surreal.

Yup, that and Paul O'Neill walking off the field with a World Series clinching win the day of his father's death.

11 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

Odd question Ice...slow work day?

Ice is asking who the haters are.

He wants to identify the haters.

All of Ice's threads are good, must be cold in the frozen tundra today.