A Question for Bills fans?

The Packers are my favorite NFC team.

The only NFC teams I hate are the Cowboys and the Redskins.

Hated AFC teams, in order, are the Pats, Phins, and Jets, for obvious reasons. I also root against the Steelers and Ravens, because my  father was a Browns fan, as are all of my older siblings. (The Bills didn't exist when they were young.)

I hate the Cowboys, Giants, Redskins, Browns, Dolphins, Jets, Pats, Titans.  IE the division teams and teams that have provided particularly painful playoff memories.  Most everyone else I'm "Switzerland" and my rooting interests are heavily influenced by fantasy football.

To the contrary, the Pack have always been “rootable” for me where Buffalo is unaffected  by the outcome—franchise has a legendary history, is fellow small market-ish and usually does things the right way. Past couple years have taken some of the sheen off for me, but still overall would never say I dislike them the way I do every AFC team outside the Bills pretty much. I especially root for the Pack when playing Dallas, Giants, and ‘Skins. ?

I don't mind Green Bay, I don't see a reason to dislike them.  I don't like Dallas, and to a certain extent, Washington.  If Dan Snyder sold the team, I probably would be indifferent to the 'Skins.

8 hours ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

Are the Packers one of your least favorite teams outside of your conference?

i started watching the NFL in the early 70s, so every historic hi-lite and "ALCOA Can't Wait" commercial flashback was of Lombardi

but the real-time Pack stunk except for a handful of years until Favre, The Majik Man was great for a year

so no thoughts were really given to a bad NFC team, they were never on TV,  until Favre came along, and I was a big fan

Edited by row_33

#RunToDaylight!

I was a huge fan of the Packers in the ‘60’s. Bought and read repeatedly Bart Starr’s, Jerry Kramer’s and Coach Lombardi’s books.

Nothing has diminished over time. Easily my 2nd favorite team, I only want them to lose the us.

I can think of several NFC teams I dislike more than the Packers.

Cowboys

Eagles (their fans are abhorrent)

Redskins

Seahawks

The rest I just can't really dislike because they don't play them that often.

And the Packers are awesome for being a small town, community owned team. Their fans are easily the best in the league IMO. 

Edited by EersN'Bills

No sir.  Agree with the Cowboys (trauma of SBs 3 and 4 will never ever heal, but the better team/coach simply won).  Never really hated the Giants (the one that truly got away) and the hatred for the Redskins faded quickly, I've felt sorry for them through the Snyder era. 

For some reason the Saints (dirty bounty hunters), although I'd like to see Brees win one more before he retires.  And the 49ers from high school rivalry with friends who were fans but the hate has probably faded at this point.  

I think Rodgers comes off as a bit of a whiny prima donna but I still feel he's an all time great QB (who was probably wasted) and like Brees, wouldn't mind seeing him win one more.  But no outright hate or even dislike for Green Bay or any other team in the NFC other than the ones I've listed.

The only negative i had for the Pack was for one playoff game with the Aikman Cowboys and CBS insisted on a two-minute pre-game feature on DT John Jurkovic, a total embarrassment on what a goofy and wild and crazy fun guy he was.

Then he got taken out by a chopblock in the first quarter and I never heard of him again.