Call your Senator or congress person

mead107

3 minutes ago, nkreed said:

The Senate vote was just posturing for the senators to remove blame for the shutdown. That said McConnell has doubled down now on his stance, taking heat off of his party for future elections. Solely McConnell can be currently blamed for holding up the vote. 

And for all the use of "temper tantrum" it's unbecoming of any adult to speak like this. Both sides need to grow the f up.

Democrats: "Hi we passed a bill to fund the government, which included border security. We can debate and negotiate the other thing you want once that is done."

Trump: "No. Give me it now. I will be responsible for shutting the government down."

Democrats: "...ok."

Trump: "...are you ready to give me what I want yet?"

Democrats: "...No. We said we can discuss it after the government is open."

Trump: "Why did you shut the government down then?!!!"

Yeah...both sides. Kind of like how it's both sides when someone commits vehicular manslaughter and the others shouted. 

4 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Democrats: "Hi we passed a bill to fund the government, which included border security. We can debate and negotiate the other thing you want once that is done."

Trump: "No. Give me it now. I will be responsible for shutting the government down."

Yeah...both sides. Kind of like how it's both sides when someone commits vehicular manslaughter and the others shouted. 

The both sides comment was specific to the usage of childhood insults. It truly shows how immature or government really is. 

Well, Chuck's Washington phone number is busy (shocking!) so I called his local satellite office. The lady was very nice. I laid in on the human trafficking angle saying "I know there is no way he can support that".

Anyhoooo they will ask for your name and zip at the satellite office: 

Chuck Schumer satellite office

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

The veto threatened to shutdown the government if any spending bill is passed without "DA WALL!!!!!!!!! NANCY AND CHUCK WON'T GIVE ME MY WHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAL"

The spending Bills passed the House. They are the same bills that the Senate unanimously passed back in December, 100-0.

It's just lil' Baby Donny having his temper tantrum that is holding things up.

Nice slight of hand. A voice vote is not the same thing as a unanimous vote.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Facts have never been NPCinPhilly's strong suit. Which makes his caterwauling all the more ironic. 

I've seen this bandied around from several posters here. I welcome their willingness to display their ignorance so openly. It saves time.

24 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Nice slight of hand. A voice vote is not the same thing as a unanimous vote.

Would it be fair to say a large majority then? I'm truthfully asking. Why else would they use a voice vote?

10 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I want free HBO. 

You should have had Charter/Spectrum/Time Warner/Adelphia cable!

43 minutes ago, nkreed said:

Would it be fair to say a large majority then? I'm truthfully asking. Why else would they use a voice vote?

You should have had Charter/Spectrum/Time Warner/Adelphia cable!

Listen, votes are taken on the Hill for a variety of reasons. There have been numerous votes taken for the sole purpose of trying to frame the discussion. Let there be no doubt about it, the dems are desperately trying to take any leverage Trump might have. This issue was basically solved 18 months ago. There was 25 billion for the wall and a DACA solution. A federal judge ruled against Trump's rescission of an Obama Executive Order. When that happened the dems reneged on the deal. Eventually SCOTUS will get involved and give Trump back his leverage. The dems are just hoping to delay funding the wall long enough to affect the 2020 election. The dems are just being partisan hacks and don't have the country's interest at heart. .

3 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Interesting, considering that this is what happened 11 months ago. The Democrats refused to negotiate in good faith after Trump agreed to fund the government last year. In fact, it's the same thing that happened to Reagan back in the 1980's.

You do understand that the Democrats are lying two-faces bastards who have a history of reneging, right? Does that compute in your little NPC brain, or is it just fixated on #ORANGEMANBAD until you receive new programming?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Interesting, considering that this is what happened 11 months ago. The Democrats refused to negotiate in good faith after Trump agreed to fund the government last year. In fact, it's the same thing that happened to Reagan back in the 1980's.

You do understand that the Democrats are lying two-faces bastards who have a history of reneging, right? Does that compute in your little NPC brain, or is it just fixated on #ORANGEMANBAD until you receive new programming?

You mean that time when the Democrats reopened the government after Trump reneged about the DACA fix?

I don't know how you can look at President Con Man and think it's the DEMS who are the lying two faced pieces of excrement.

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly

Just now, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

You mean that time when the Democrats reopened the government after Trump reneged about the DACA fix?

I don't know how you can look at President Con Man and think it's the DEMS who are the lying two faced pieces of excrement.

Shocking to all, you got the facts wrong. 

Trump offered DACA and it was rejected by Chuck. It wasn't reneged. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Revisionist history. Trump didn't renege on anything - it is very clear (and well documented) that Cryin' Chuck walked away AFTER Trump offered more than they were asking for on DACA. They walked away when some dipschiff judge decided that Trump couldn't use an executive order to override an Obama-era memo on prosecutorial discretion.

Stop being an NPC, you look like a buffoon.

Edited by Koko78
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

It's like you try to be right but you aren't.  It's rather glorious watching you step up to bat and make a big swing and it's going through distance and someone reaches up and grabs you by the kitty every single time.

I bet it's soft and moist by now.