Would a Hunter Renfrow/Wes Welker help us more than an AJ Green

2 hours ago, jrober38 said:

Nope.

Josh Allen is never going to be a QB who completes quick, precise passes. 

We need an elite deep threat who can stretch the field. 

I could be wrong here but wern't "quick, precise passes" pretty much all that McKenzie caught? 

I can't believe Renfrow is still at Clemson. I remember thinking he would be a great addition back when Watson won the Championship with Clemson. Wouldn't mind drafting him at all.

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I could be wrong here but wern't "quick, precise passes" pretty much all that McKenzie caught? 

Exactly.

Even if it will never be the strength of Allen's game it's not like we aren't going to call those plays multiple times a game. If anything we should call more of them next season. I recall at least a couple times last year when we would throw 15+ yards down the field 3-4 straight times including on third and fourth downs when all we needed to do was pick up 7 or 8 yards.

18 hours ago, billvernsays said:

I feel like I should start practicing disliking the guy since he will 100% be a New England Patriot. 

In all seriousness, As much as I would like a legit number 1 WR for Josh Allen I cant help but think having a Renfrow type (Reliable Hands, Quick, Excellent route runner) might be the best type of WR for JA’s  development. It could be why Our Front Office wanted Isiah McKenzie so bad. 

Im not suggesting that I’d rather Renfrow over an AJ Green as a rookie. But when you add in things like the likely acquisition cost, injury history, and age I think it’s probably the better option. 

Im curious to hear how others on this board feel about the state of our WR Corps and how they suggest improving it.  

I think Tom Brady has demonstrated that if you can accurately deliver the football with timing and anticipation, fast shifty little guys with great hans and who understand the playbook and don't make stupid mistakes are plenty good enough to enjoy a lot of success.

Marquis names with huge salaries are not necessary IMO, if you have the QB.