H2o

Tampa Bay: hires new HC Bruce Arians

I'm getting ready to pilfer their defense as they got from a 4-3 to a 3-4. 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

You do realize Jets mostly used 4 down linemen right?

Edited by CaptnCoke11

19 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

You do realize Jets mostly used 4 down linemen right?

Yep. That's like 90% of the league. Still had 3-4 personnel as their base though. Big nose tackle etc etc. 

1 minute ago, Chaz said:

I thought Arians retired because of health issues.  Don’t the cards hold his rights? Isn’t this an option year?

No.  They declined that option a while ago so he is free and clear.

2 minutes ago, Chaz said:

I thought Arians retired because of health issues.  Don’t the cards hold his rights? Isn’t this an option year?

Bucs traded a 6th round pick to Arizona for a 7th round pick and the rights to Arians.

41 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

You can probably have Gerald McCoy, Vinny Curry, and maybe Jason Pierre-Paul if you're lucky. I would guess they plan on building around Vita Vea, Lavonte David, and Kwon Alexander.

• Thanks! (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, purple haze said:

No.  They declined that option a while ago so he is free and clear.

Thought I heard this too. Had they picked up his option when he retired, they would still have his rights, but they declined to do it and he was a FA, thought I read somewhere they said the Bucs didn't ask for any permission from the Cards

This makes me wonder how bad things are in Arizona? Seems like the health concerns weren't as bad as they first made them out to be and maybe just a way to get out of there. His retirement lasted one season and he didn't have to be coaxed out of retirement, he was talking about wanting openings before the season ended.

Thought he didn't want to anymore??

Were the cardinals so bad he wanted out.

Why Tampa?? Winston sux.

Glad he didn't go to the Jets or Dolphins.  This dude can coach.

• Like (+1) 2

This means... Draft Winston late people... Mike Evan's will be a top 5 player in fantasy & you might be able to get him in the 2nd rd! 

#FantasyTip 😎🏆🏆

9 hours ago, Chaz said:

Why is your user name purple?

I could see TB as a surprise team next year. I also could see Jameis suspended for a year as well.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

This means... Draft Winston late people... Mike Evan's will be a top 5 player in fantasy & you might be able to get him in the 2nd rd! 

#FantasyTip 😎🏆🏆

Why is your user name purple?

You didnt read the pinned post at the top of the board I guess. The purple user names are to indicate when posters are in the new 'prospect' probationary period as a new member to the board. Members will be in this period until they reach a certain level and then they will get normal status with all the privileges.

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I could see TB as a surprise team next year. I also could see Jameis suspended for a year as well.

Part of a condition in Arians contract?

He only takes the deal if they get him suspended for a year......

Edited by apuszczalowski

Is Fitzmagic still in Tampa?

If Arians is wed to Winston, they might as well put in the intra-aortic balloon pump right now...

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Is Fitzmagic still in Tampa?

If Arians is wed to Winston, they might as well put in the intra-aortic balloon pump right now...

Fitz is a free agent. Arians took the Bucs job because he loves Jameis (and also the Bucs GM).

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

Fitz is a free agent. Arians took the Bucs job because he loves Jameis (and also the Bucs GM).

Mystifying....

He's worked with Big Ben, Luck and Carson Palmer was OC and/or HC.  What would he want or do with Winston?

And what is going on in Cleveland that no one wants that job??

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Mystifying....

He's worked with Big Ben, Luck and Carson Palmer was OC and/or HC.  What would he want or do with Winston?

Jameis is a moron but he’s a talented moron.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Mystifying....

Jameis has often been compared to Big Ben (though obviously Ben has been better as a pro), was once upon a time viewed as the best QB prospect since Luck (obviously hasn't panned out that way in the NFL), and you could argue that he's been better in the NFL than the version of Carson Palmer that Arians acquired in Arizona. When Arians got his hands on Palmer, Palmer was coming off two years in Oakland where he threw a combined 35 TDs to 30 INTs. Palmer was like 6 or 7 years removed from his last great season before he showed up in Arizona.

I agree with a lot of what has been said already.  Evans, Howard, Godwin, Grate, Humphries if he returns, they definitely have the weapons to run Arians offense.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

“While we have had no direct wireless communication from the Titanic,” said Mr Franklin, “we are satisfied that the vessel is unsinkable."

Leftwich as OC (freshly fired after a single season as OC on Arians former team) !  Bowles as DC (whose Jets were 26th, 28th and 29th on D his last 3 years)!   What could go wrong with that brain trust?!

Maybe Arians had a stroke recently.  He needs at least a mini-mental exam.

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

Jameis has often been compared to Big Ben (though obviously Ben has been better as a pro), was once upon a time viewed as the best QB prospect since Luck (obviously hasn't panned out that way in the NFL), and you could argue that he's been better in the NFL than the version of Carson Palmer that Arians acquired in Arizona. When Arians got his hands on Palmer, Palmer was coming off two years in Oakland where he threw a combined 35 TDs to 30 INTs. Palmer was like 6 or 7 years removed from his last great season before he showed up in Arizona.

Not sure I have ever seen any similarity in the way Ben and Winston play QB.  He's had a single decent season.  Palmer put up mostly Winston type numbers on a bad Oak team...

19 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

You didnt read the pinned post at the top of the board I guess. The purple user names are to indicate when posters are in the new 'prospect' probationary period as a new member to the board. Members will be in this period until they reach a certain level and then they will get normal status with all the privileges.

Part of a condition in Arians contract?

He only takes the deal if they get him suspended for a year......

I hardly ever read the pins... I'm on here for the Bills.  It's always someone crying about something to get a rule change. But, I went ahead and read it,  It's a forum, people have opinions. Again, this is why I don't read them.... restricting newbies from creating new topics...is just plain silly. 

What if it's a good topic? Talking about a real issue about this team???  Everyone don't want to have topics about sunshine & rainbows all the time... Like "How many Bills jerseys you have?"  Smh...

We all love the Bills & fans should be able to Express themselves good or bad. See the problem is the team isn't that good... & when someone posts a big SUPER FACT ... this board losing their minds 😄 .... they can't handle it. Then the arguments come cause you might get 10 people that will ignore a FACT.  Something bad gets said, & that poster is kicked out... he or she will start a new account & go from there. 

It's a forum at the end of the day... I look at this like WGR, you don't like what's being said about Josh Allen... turn it off for a few hours...don't cry & complain for a rule change.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

“While we have had no direct wireless communication from the Titanic,” said Mr Franklin, “we are satisfied that the vessel is unsinkable."

Leftwich as OC (freshly fired after a single season as OC on Arians former team) !  Bowles as DC (whose Jets were 26th, 28th and 29th on D his last 3 years)!   What could go wrong with that brain trust?!

Maybe Arians had a stroke recently.  He needs at least a mini-mental exam.

Not sure I have ever seen any similarity in the way Ben and Winston play QB.  He's had a single decent season.  Palmer put up mostly Winston type numbers on a bad Oak team...

As I mentioned, Palmer put up 35 TDs to 30 INTs in Oakland. Jameis has 88 TDs to 58 INTs in Tampa. Jameis has undoubtedly been better in Tampa than Palmer was in Oakland, and probably better than Palmer was in Cinci too. It wasn't until he got to Arizona and was coached by Arians that Palmer learned how to protect the ball; up until then, he was more turnover prone than Jameis (at least in terms of INTs).