Tampa Bay: hires new HC Bruce Arians

H2o

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Gregggggggggg be sayin’ “Phew!  That was close!”

I hear it's between Kitchens & Stefanski.  Gregg isn't even mentioned in the latest rumors. It's a good thing he had so many offers before coming to Cleveland because he's going to need some this offseason. 

https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/nfl/browns/browns-coaching-search-reportedly-down-to-freddie-kitchens-kevin-stefanski/95-3b55912b-64dd-4300-a971-047e08cf9452

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chaz said:

I thought Arians retired because of health issues.  Don’t the cards hold his rights? Isn’t this an option year?

Bucs traded a 6th round pick to Arizona for a 7th round pick and the rights to Arians.

41 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I'm getting ready to pilfer their defense as they got from a 4-3 to a 3-4. 

You can probably have Gerald McCoy, Vinny Curry, and maybe Jason Pierre-Paul if you're lucky. I would guess they plan on building around Vita Vea, Lavonte David, and Kwon Alexander.

• Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, purple haze said:

No.  They declined that option a while ago so he is free and clear.

Thought I heard this too. Had they picked up his option when he retired, they would still have his rights, but they declined to do it and he was a FA, thought I read somewhere they said the Bucs didn't ask for any permission from the Cards

This makes me wonder how bad things are in Arizona? Seems like the health concerns weren't as bad as they first made them out to be and maybe just a way to get out of there. His retirement lasted one season and he didn't have to be coaxed out of retirement, he was talking about wanting openings before the season ended.

This means... Draft Winston late people... Mike Evan's will be a top 5 player in fantasy & you might be able to get him in the 2nd rd! 

#FantasyTip ???

9 hours ago, Chaz said:

I thought Arians retired because of health issues.  Don’t the cards hold his rights? Isn’t this an option year?

Why is your user name purple?

4 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

This means... Draft Winston late people... Mike Evan's will be a top 5 player in fantasy & you might be able to get him in the 2nd rd! 

#FantasyTip ???

Why is your user name purple?

You didnt read the pinned post at the top of the board I guess. The purple user names are to indicate when posters are in the new 'prospect' probationary period as a new member to the board. Members will be in this period until they reach a certain level and then they will get normal status with all the privileges.

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I could see TB as a surprise team next year. I also could see Jameis suspended for a year as well.

Part of a condition in Arians contract?

He only takes the deal if they get him suspended for a year......

Edited by apuszczalowski

19 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Is Fitzmagic still in Tampa?

If Arians is wed to Winston, they might as well put in the intra-aortic balloon pump right now...

Fitz is a free agent. Arians took the Bucs job because he loves Jameis (and also the Bucs GM).

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

Fitz is a free agent. Arians took the Bucs job because he loves Jameis (and also the Bucs GM).

Mystifying....

He's worked with Big Ben, Luck and Carson Palmer was OC and/or HC.  What would he want or do with Winston?

And what is going on in Cleveland that no one wants that job??

• Like (+1) 1