Tampa Bay: hires new HC Bruce Arians

H2o

I’m higher on Winston than most.

Dude can sling it. He just needs to “not” sling it to the wrong team at times. Arians was huge for Carson Palmer. I assume he’ll do the same for Jameis.

Plus outside of Sam Jackson, nobody can rock the Kangol like Arians.

And outside of those two, you definitely put sack in your mouth if you do.

11 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I don't think he's married to Winston.  I think they could be in play for Foles, Carr, even Tannehill.  

...depends how much latitude the Glazers give him despite Licht's edict............

Jenna Laine ESPN Staff Writer 12/31/18

TAMPA, Fla. -- Tampa Bay Buccaneers general manager Jason Licht doesn't care if his head-coaching candidates are offensive-minded or defensive-minded. He isn't worried what scheme they will use, or even if the Bucs have to wait until after the playoffs to make a hire.

One thing is for certain, however: Whoever replaces Dirk Koetter must accept Jameis Winston as his quarterback.

The Bucs will be picking up Winston's fifth-year option, worth $20.9 million. That becomes fully guaranteed at 4 p.m. ET on March 13.

• Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Surprising. I know it’s been rumored, but Winston is a bon fire waiting to explode. Typically, this is a coach killer.

Anyway, better Tampa than MIA or NYJ.

Maybe he went there for the chance to work with Fitzpatrick?.

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I don't think he's married to Winston.  I think they could be in play for Foles, Carr, even Tannehill.  

Arians loves Jameis; that's one of the reasons this pairing was so obvious beyond the fact that the GM and Arians are good friends.

I've always liked Arians and he has gotten the absolute best out of every QB he's had. If anyone can transform Winston it is Arians. I bet Arians also convinces Jackson to hang around. It may possibly be the best receiving group he's ever coached as well with Evans, Jackson, Godwin, OJ Howard, and Brate. The offense should be sick, especially if he finds his type of RB. Bowles to coach that defense will be interesting as well. They have a good draft or two and this team will be right there in the NFC. 

17 minutes ago, H2o said:

I've always liked Arians and he has gotten the absolute best out of every QB he's had. If anyone can transform Winston it is Arians. I bet Arians also convinces Jackson to hang around. It may possibly be the best receiving group he's ever coached as well with Evans, Jackson, Godwin, OJ Howard, and Brate. The offense should be sick, especially if he finds his type of RB. Bowles to coach that defense will be interesting as well. They have a good draft or two and this team will be right there in the NFC. 

I think Tampa wants to get rid of DeSean regardless of if he buys in with Arians or not. I don't think either the player or the team are happy with him being there. They'd probably rather use that cap money to re-sign Adam Humphries but they might just let both of them go since they have Evans, Godwin, OJ Howard, and Brate if they keep him.

10 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I think Tampa wants to get rid of DeSean regardless of if he buys in with Arians or not. I don't think either the player or the team are happy with him being there. They'd probably rather use that cap money to re-sign Adam Humphries but they might just let both of them go since they have Evans, Godwin, OJ Howard, and Brate if they keep him.

Dang, I forgot about Humphries. Just as well. Desean or no Desean, I still think it's the best group he's had top to bottom. 

• Like (+1) 1