Which prospect do you NOT want the Bills to draft?

LSHMEAB

I think jonah Williams is that guy for me too.  I see a Cordy Glenn type impact.  I’d rather grab a potentially dominant pass rusher like, hopefully Ed Oliver or trade down and grab Kelvin Harmon.  Accumulate picks. Would be nice to be able to add a long term starter at OL, WR, TE, RB and pass rusher.  

If we trade down and draft offense, a free agent pass rusher would be huge.   I’d throw the house at Demarcus Lawrence and not look back.  He and Jerry would be so much fun to watch.  Opposing offenses would be in trouble. Not sure he’d want to come here but I’d make him the highest paid DE in the league. For 3 years.  We have the money for it. We won’t be spending to the cap and a dominant pass rush wins.

14 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Rashaan Gary and Jeffrey Simmons off the top of my head.

Yeah I’m with you on Jeffery Simmons.  He’s the defensive guy I pray we don’t grab.  I’d love Ed Oliver.  I think he’d thrive in this scheme and playing next to Jerry Hughes.

Josh Allen or Bosa really would’ve sealed the deal in our defense, but Oliver has the potential to dominate as well. 

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

That is a more IMPORTANT question, but there's always been that ONE guy I simply did not want the Bills to draft. Was curious as to whether or not others had a similar sentiment.

There are usually two or three guys I don’t want to draft. This year is just tough to find guys I would want to draft. It would be easier if there was a standout OL or WR. I’m not 100% sold on Williams either.

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

There seems to be a bit of a consensus regarding Gary; nobody wants him, myself included. At least I know who we'll end up taking.?

Why does no one like Gary? I saw a little bit of Aaron Donald in him. He played DE in college though, not sure how he would be as a 3 tech.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billspro said:

There are usually two or three guys I don’t want to draft. This year is just tough to find guys I would want to draft. It would be easier if there was a standout OL or WR. I’m not 100% sold on Williams either.

Yeah. This draft is kind of odd in that way. As I said, I don't want Williams, but I don't exactly love anyone either. Ferrell would be the guy right now, but a lot can change between now and April/May/ whenever they hold it these days.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Greedy Williams - overhyped CB in a Blah CB Draft 

No corners! McBeane can find them under a rock.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Floydboy12 said:

Feel like Quinnen Williams might be a little overrated. Love Josh Allen from UK.  Would love to get Jonah Williams. The versatility he brings is hard to come by. At 9 we probably get none of these anyway. I guess of the guys who will be there none of the WR seem worthy of that high a spot. 

Did you not see Quinnen constantly in Clemson's backfield yesterday or beating double teams? I'll take Quinnen over Jonah

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, CNYfan said:

I know the OP is high on Greg Little and opposed to Jonah Williams.  

I do not have a strong opinion on Jonah, but I tend to agree with WMD on a no to Greg Little.  My thought is that his attitude is reportedly not "all in".  Taking plays off, maybe a little lazy attitude at times.   Now I have not seen very much of Mr. Little, but I was bothered by those reports. 

My past "please no" players have been Orlondo Brown, Jr. (last year with bad combine); Jonathon Martin (soft) and our own Cyrus K (looked good in shorts but got beaten like a drum in the championship game).  I don't like the Mixon, T. Hill, M. Bryant type thing either.

I do know we have to hit this pick, and cannot miss.

No to Little.   Lazy players do not become hard workers once rich.

The only pick/prospect in the last few years I was dead set against was DeShone Kizer, the QB from Notre Dame that Cleveland took in 2017. The thing that sealed it for me was a conversation I saw between him and Jon Gruden. Gruden asked him if he liked winning or if he hated losing. He replied something like, I like to win, winning is fun. That's the wrong answer. I want guys who lose sleep over one play that they messed up years ago. I want the guys who despise losing. I want guys who are miserable when they get beat and work their tails off to make sure it doesn't happen.

6 minutes ago, billspro said:

Risky betting against an LSU corner.

Yeah. I think Greedy Williams is a fine prospect who will likely be an upper echelon corner, but I don't want to allocate a top ten pick to another corner. McBeane has proven capable of addressing that position without such an enormous investment.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Yeah. I think Greedy Williams is a fine prospect who will likely be an upper echelon corner, but I don't want to allocate a top ten pick to another corner. McBeane has proven capable of addressing that position without such an enormous investment.

I don’t either Levi Wallace really impressed me.

• Like (+1) 1

There are several prospects I'm wary of, but I can live with assuming Beane and company will do their homework.  They include Greg Little (athletic left tackle , but questions about consistency and work ethic),  Hakeem Butler in the first (overdrafting), Jeffery Simmons (character issues), Ed Oliver (bad for locker room)

One pick for Buffalo was in a mock I saw today - it made me gag a bit:  Byron Murphy.  I also don't want Greedy Williams.  Both might be good CBs, and teams can always use more good CBs, but with the emergence of Levi Wallace, and some other guys providing at least decent depth, I have to believe there are players at positions of greater need  who have at least as much value, if not more.  Devin White is another player who gives me the same feeling.  Clearly Buffalo is going with Tremaine Edmunds in the middle, and Matt Milano is a lock to stay in the weak LB spont.  Yes, Zo is 35, but he had his best year in 2018 and he wants to ploay another year.  If Buffalo needed a linebacker now, Id be fine with it, but they need other positions a whole lot more.