Which prospect do you NOT want the Bills to draft?

LSHMEAB

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Statements like this are silly.  It’s like saying there’s no Tom Bradys in the draft when the original one went in the 6th round.  We have no idea.

Fair point, but Nelson was widely considered a rare interior line talent and a can’t miss prospect.  Hence, the anomaly of an OG being picked in the top 10.  I don’t see any of those type of o-line prospects in this draft.  Not even an OT held in similar “pre-draft regard” as Nelson.

• Like (+1) 2

If it’s possible I’m trading that 9th pick away.. Either for a later first and 2nds or an impact receiver. If they’re staying at 9 I’ll agree with the LT Williams. I haven’t watched him play much I just hate to use a top 10 pick on any lineman who isn’t considered a instant 5-10 year starter and all pro from the get go. 

If we are making any kind of noise next season we need players who can make a serious impact day one. I don’t think there’s any can’t miss lineman in the top 10. 

Just my 2 cents some of the draft gurus may know better 

I know the OP is high on Greg Little and opposed to Jonah Williams.  

I do not have a strong opinion on Jonah, but I tend to agree with WMD on a no to Greg Little.  My thought is that his attitude is reportedly not "all in".  Taking plays off, maybe a little lazy attitude at times.   Now I have not seen very much of Mr. Little, but I was bothered by those reports. 

My past "please no" players have been Orlondo Brown, Jr. (last year with bad combine); Jonathon Martin (soft) and our own Cyrus K (looked good in shorts but got beaten like a drum in the championship game).  I don't like the Mixon, T. Hill, M. Bryant type thing either.

I do know we have to hit this pick, and cannot miss.

They probably shouldn't draft me, though I would be a hilarious presence in the locker room and would have minimal impact on the cap. Still, the utter lack of anything resembling a skill of any kind is likely fatal to my chances at a roster spot. Maybe next year.

44 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Statements like this are silly.  It’s like saying there’s no Tom Bradys in the draft when the original one went in the 6th round.  We have no idea.

There is no offensive lineman, let alone a guard, in this draft who's stock or evaluation is as high as Nelson.  

Not silly at all.  It's true.

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

Every year when the draft comes around, there seems to be 4 or 5 players linked to the Bills either because of need or draft slot. There is always that one guy I absolutely do not want the Bills to draft. Last year, I was vehemently opposed to Darnold. Turnover machine at USC that never seemed to rise to the occasion. Also superficially(admittedly unfair), didn't want that particular face to represent the franchise. Darnold had a solid rookie season, but I remain unconvinced. This year, that player is Jonah Williams. I understand there are several TBD member sold on Jonah, but I don't see it. I don't view him as a LT and I don't want to take a guy at 9 without a clear cut NFL position.

My question is this; is there a player in this draft(or in recent years) tangentially linked to the Bills who's name you absolutely don't want to hear when we're on the clock? If so, who is that player and why?

The ones that will be busts.

2 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

I know the OP is high on Greg Little and opposed to Jonah Williams.  

I do not have a strong opinion on Jonah, but I tend to agree with WMD on a no to Greg Little.  My thought is that his attitude is reportedly not "all in".  Taking plays off, maybe a little lazy attitude at times.   Now I have not seen very much of Mr. Little, but I was bothered by those reports. 

My past "please no" players have been Orlondo Brown, Jr. (last year with bad combine); Jonathon Martin (soft) and our own Cyrus K (looked good in shorts but got beaten like a drum in the championship game).  I don't like the Mixon, T. Hill, M. Bryant type thing either.

I do know we have to hit this pick, and cannot miss.

I wouldn't say I'm high on Little per se. I would say I rank him higher than Williams simply because he has more potential. The reports are indeed troubling and I'm sure the regime will do their due diligence regarding FOOTBALL character. My guy is Ferrell at 9 as this draft is top heavy at Dline and we could certainly use an impact player there.

42 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

That's a fair take, but I've been opposed to Williams AT 9 for awhile. I just don't see him as an NFL LT based on measurables. If we were to trade down and he were available lower in the first round, I wouldn't have a problem with it because I think he could potentially be a very solid interior OL man.

A this point I would be tempted to trade up to #1 overall to get a solid Olineman Lol.

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

Every year when the draft comes around, there seems to be 4 or 5 players linked to the Bills either because of need or draft slot. There is always that one guy I absolutely do not want the Bills to draft. Last year, I was vehemently opposed to Darnold. Turnover machine at USC that never seemed to rise to the occasion. Also superficially(admittedly unfair), didn't want that particular face to represent the franchise. Darnold had a solid rookie season, but I remain unconvinced. This year, that player is Jonah Williams. I understand there are several TBD member sold on Jonah, but I don't see it. I don't view him as a LT and I don't want to take a guy at 9 without a clear cut NFL position.

My question is this; is there a player in this draft(or in recent years) tangentially linked to the Bills who's name you absolutely don't want to hear when we're on the clock? If so, who is that player and why?

For me the better question is who do I want the Bills to pick. I don’t know if I’m sold on any of the top ten prospects. Maybe the DE from Clemson? I really like some of the OTs in round 2. 

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I wouldn't say I'm high on Little per se. I would say I rank him higher than Williams simply because he has more potential. The reports are indeed troubling and I'm sure the regime will do their due diligence regarding FOOTBALL character. My guy is Ferrell at 9 as this draft is top heavy at Dline and we could certainly use an impact player there.

That might be the smart pick if he is there. I’m trying to find a second option if he is not. I think I would prefer going with one of the OTs in round 2 rather than Williams in round 1 (unless they draft him as a guard).

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, billspro said:

For me the better question is who do I want the Bills to pick. I don’t know if I’m sold on any of the top ten prospects. Maybe the DE from Clemson? I really like some of the OTs in round 2. 

That is a more IMPORTANT question, but there's always been that ONE guy I simply did not want the Bills to draft. Was curious as to whether or not others had a similar sentiment.

Feel like Quinnen Williams might be a little overrated. Love Josh Allen from UK.  Would love to get Jonah Williams. The versatility he brings is hard to come by. At 9 we probably get none of these anyway. I guess of the guys who will be there none of the WR seem worthy of that high a spot. 

1 minute ago, Pete said:

I want zero trade ups!!!!!   We have been giving away high draft picks the last few drafts.  Trade down for a change.  Trade down again.  We are not 1 player away- so stop trading up!

I will bet Beane trades up at some stage.. possibly into the bottom of the first with the second rounder..

He seems to be one that swing for the fences... Hopefully he got a couple of home runs last year with Allen and Edmunds... time will tell...