Which prospect do you NOT want the Bills to draft?

LSHMEAB

Every year when the draft comes around, there seems to be 4 or 5 players linked to the Bills either because of need or draft slot. There is always that one guy I absolutely do not want the Bills to draft. Last year, I was vehemently opposed to Darnold. Turnover machine at USC that never seemed to rise to the occasion. Also superficially(admittedly unfair), didn't want that particular face to represent the franchise. Darnold had a solid rookie season, but I remain unconvinced. This year, that player is Jonah Williams. I understand there are several TBD member sold on Jonah, but I don't see it. I don't view him as a LT and I don't want to take a guy at 9 without a clear cut NFL position.

My question is this; is there a player in this draft(or in recent years) tangentially linked to the Bills who's name you absolutely don't want to hear when we're on the clock? If so, who is that player and why?

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Ed Oliver.  Seems like a real arrogant prick-bag.

I figured that name would pop up rather quickly. Very polarizing prospect. I'm pretty ambivalent on Oliver, but he's NOT Aaron Donald physically. 

• Like (+1) 1

so I suppose you're basing this off the loss to clemson? not saying that is why you are just seems funny that it you created a thread and he was "the guy"  you don't want the bills to draft?

I don't have anyone I don't want them to draft. they'll hopefully make the right choice(s). if they pick williams, I'll be fine  with it and I'm sure if they did, it wouldn't be based off a national championship loss but by his career as a whole and he had a pretty solid college career.

Good question. I think I do struggle to get the better of my own bias.

An example of this is I automatically don’t want my team to touch women beaters of which there seem an astonishingly large number among NFL players. Is that fair considering I’m not familiar with the context? Absolutely not, but there it is. So that’s Simmons and at least one other prospect I can’t recall off the top of my head. Don’t care how much of a Tyreek Hill impact they have on my team or how much value they give by dropping.

• Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

At #9, any offensive lineman that won't be playing LT come September.

As someone with eyeballs that just witnessed Quenton Nelson's effect on the Colts o-line, I politely disagree.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Incidentally I’m not keen on Jonah either. I’ve only seen a couple of his games vs Georgia and Clemson, so obviously high quality opponents. I thought DeAndre Walker bullied him a bit. By all accounts he did ok yesterday but he didn’t really flash as a dominant player. Perhaps that’s unreasonable expectations but unlike to see a high pick do well against quality opponents or in big games, especially if I’m spending a top 10 pick on him.

Edited by Seoul_panther

13 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Ed Oliver.  Seems like a real arrogant prick-bag.

Their coach, who got fired, might have overreacted too.  

I don’t want a scumbag (Simmons of Mississippi St) or a defensive back in the first. Any other than that, I’m pretty good with.

4 minutes ago, Seoul_panther said:

Good question. I think I do struggle to get the better of my own bias.

An example of this is I automatically don’t want my team to touch women beaters of which there seem an astonishingly large number among NFL players. Is that fair considering I’m not familiar with the context? Absolutely not, but there it is. So that’s Simmons and at least one other prospect I can’t recall off the top of my head. Don’t care how much of a Tyreek Hill impact they have on my team or how much value they give by dropping.

Wow, an excellent post.  I would have questioned being a Bills fan if they took Joe Mixon.  At some point, there are more important things than winning football games.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Their coach, who got fired, might have overreacted too.  

I don’t want a scumbag (Simmons of Mississippi St) or a defensive back in the first. Any other than that, I’m pretty good with.

I don’t want Applewhite either.  Other than looking like a colossal head case with his choices in that situation, I have read a few scouting reports which suggest that Oliver is overrated and the Donald comparisons are waaaaay off.  I don’t want him.  Certainly not at 9.

7 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

so I suppose you're basing this off the loss to clemson? not saying that is why you are just seems funny that it you created a thread and he was "the guy"  you don't want the bills to draft?

I don't have anyone I don't want them to draft. they'll hopefully make the right choice(s). if they pick williams, I'll be fine  with it and I'm sure if they did, it wouldn't be based off a national championship loss but by his career as a whole and he had a pretty solid college career.

That's a fair take, but I've been opposed to Williams AT 9 for awhile. I just don't see him as an NFL LT based on measurables. If we were to trade down and he were available lower in the first round, I wouldn't have a problem with it because I think he could potentially be a very solid interior OL man.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I don’t want Applewhite either.  Other than looking like a colossal head case with his choices in that situation, I have read a few scouting reports which suggest that Oliver is overrated and the Donald comparisons are waaaaay off.  I don’t want him.  Certainly not at 9.

That’s fair.  I’ll be honest that I didn’t see enough of him this year.  But if that was his worst “off the field” issue, that wouldn’t affect my character grade on him.