Which prospect do you NOT want the Bills to draft?

LSHMEAB

10 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Has a NFL team or any team for that matter ever had 2 impact players with the same name on the roster at the same time? 

I HIGHLY doubt it, but the other Josh Allen will be long gone at 9. Would have been awesome.

I surprisingly and honestly don’t care. I trust the process.  I can see upgrade needs almost everywhere and what they don’t get in the 1st, I’ll wait until the 4th to see if it doesn’t get addressed before having my “moment”

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I scope out a lot of mock drafts, and we keep being paired with DK Metcalf. NOT impressed... The numbers:

Receiving & Rushing

Receiving Rushing Scrimmage
Year School Conf Class Pos G Rec Yds Avg TD Att Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD
Career Ole Miss         67 1228 18.3 14 0 0   0 67 1228 18.3 14
2016 Ole Miss SEC FR WR 2 2 13 6.5 2 0 0   0 2 13 6.5 2
2017 Ole Miss SEC FR WR 12 39 646 16.6 7 0 0   0 39 646 16.6 7
2018 Ole Miss SEC SO WR 7 26 569 21.9 5 0 0   0 26 569 21.9 5

Also, neck injury... Hello, Eric Wood... Don't want to lose a valuable player and draft position due to injury.

How do those numbers garner a #9 pick?

Either 1) the national mock authors are idiots, 2) they think we are idiots, or 3) they see a need at WR and just plug in the name they hear a whole lot of draft talk about.

Also would pass on Noah Fant, TE - Iowa. Saw his snaps decreasing; mentions by coaches of "lack of desire."

Smells like Benjamin at the TE position...

Edited by ROCBillsBeliever
Added injury to Metcalf
  • Like (+1) 1

I didn't watch enough CFB this year to develop any strong biases, but here are some of my choices from yesteryear:

• 2011:  No to Von Miller; I was still haunted by the ghost of Maybin.  I was pretty psyched when the news broke that Dareus would be ours for the taking
  • 2012:  No to Mark Barron.  I was relieved when the Bucs picked him, but was soon yelling "Noooo" at the TV when the Panthers picked Kuechly just before us.  Would Kuechly have been a Bill if he was still there?
  • 2013:  The year of the non-franchise QB. I remember hearing that Nix was high on Mike Glennon, which made him a firm pass for me.  Funny that he turned out to be the best of the bunch, though that's not saying much.  Say what you will about Buddy, but he knew a mediocre/poor QB when he saw one  
  • 2014:  Feeling anti-Ebron, due to his alleged disinterest in blocking, rings a bell
  • 2015:  No 1st round pick; don't remember
  • 2016:  Reggie "Would've been a top 10 pick in the '90s" Ragland.  At least we waited until the 2nd, though it did cost us a couple of 4ths.  Watching the Seahawks take Jarran Reed with our #49 pick just twisted the knife.  I also wanted no part of Cardale Jones.  That was a pretty rough draft for me
  • 2017:  Chad "don't care who your uncle is" Kelly
  • 2018:  Wasn't interested in trading up for Allen; I thought he was too big of a risk for a top 10 pick.  I hope to be wrong about that.  I wouldn't say I was anti-Edmunds, but I was disappointed when they took him over Vander Esch
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Wait.

Arizona State avatar but you DON’T want N’Keal Harry?

What is going on here!!!

I’m gonna bang that drum until he’s drafted. Kids a beast.

I worry about reaching for any offensive player if a better defensive player is available.

My risky player is the TE Fant.

Great athlete with amazing vertical and the size/speed you look for, but Iowa fans felt he took a lot of plays off if they were not going his way, had inconsistent hands, and crumbled to the ground at first contact. Also the coaches there limited his reps quite a bit over the latter half of the year - a lot of speculation that they did not like his effort and blocking and preferred to use T. J. Hockenson as their go-to TE.

Just speculation, but gives me pause. Either way a risky prospect considering there are some other TEs in this draft with less question marks.

Whatever receivers the Bills are interested in, they should have them catch from a jugs machine set as high as it can go to see if they can hold onto the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

I would pass on OL and WR. I think the value of these positions are in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the draft. Williams and Little seem like reaches and WR will be a big reach at 9.

1st round- Best Defensive Player Available or trade down.

2nd- WR

3rd-OL/TE( I fully expect the Bills to sign two veteran starting caliber OL this offseason)

12 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Total agreement on Gary. I'm a Michigan fan so I watched every game. Absolutely do not see him as an impact player at the next level. 

Interesting regarding Gary.  I only watched him 3-4 times and he didn’t really stand out.  Is he Shaq Lawson 2.0?  Solid guy mostly effective vs the run.  I remember when he chose Michigan 3 years ago.  It was a big get for harbaugh.  

7 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Yeah. I think Greedy Williams is a fine prospect who will likely be an upper echelon corner, but I don't want to allocate a top ten pick to another corner. McBeane has proven capable of addressing that position without such an enormous investment.

No one would ever be able to pass on us though.  I m not saying I want him (I’d prefer pass rush if we go d)  but our d would be sick.