TV Shows You Want Rebooted

2 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Mr Show with Bob and David

Oz

Futurama

Beavis and Butthead

That was the worst, and most poorly done adaptation of any Stephen King book. 

Mr Show was rebooted for one season on Netflix, the had to drop the 'Mr Show' form the title and just called it ' With Bob and Dave'....

Dunder Mifflin opens a new branch, in Pawnee, Indiana. 

From what I've read, about half the cast of each show would be willing to come back. Parks and Rec was originally supposed to be a spinoff of The Office. We'd just have to figure out if Rashida Jones is Ann Perkins or Karen Filippelli. 

28 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Mr Show was rebooted for one season on Netflix, the had to drop the 'Mr Show' form the title and just called it ' With Bob and Dave'....

Yeah, I saw those.  They were planning on more, but they have so much going on.  Those guys are brilliant.  I always want more.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBud said:

Rockford Files

Although J Garner set a pretty high bar for that show.

I have an enormous music collection which I shuffle constantly- and the Rockford files theme played.  I was at work and grabbed 3 if my favorite coworkers who are in their 40s and 50s and played name that tune- playing Rockford theme- they got it together and we discussed memories brought back.  I said there ain’t no snowflake that would of guessed that answer

Edited by Pete

23 minutes ago, coloradobillsfan said:

Just stumbled on something I didn't know.. the actress who played Tony's mom Livia (Nancy Marchand) was born and raised in Buffalo

She also played the newspaper owner where Lou Grant went to work after the MTM show ended.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Zaso Art Designs said:

Home Improvement, Quantum Leap, King of the Queens

Quantum Leap used to be my favorite for a while. 

It introduced me to Scott Bakula and from there is Man of la Mancha which is my favorite play

Partly it is because I worked production of it in high school.

When travelling for work I found a Man of la Mancha tape in service station and played that tape every time I travelled.

On 1/8/2019 at 5:24 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

A re-make of Northern Exposure might be cool if done right.

I was going to suggest the same; it would have to be done on the same high level, but wouldn't necessarily need all the same actors/characters.  They could probably get a few of them though.

It's one of my favorite TV shows ever, and I'd genuinely like to visit that world again.

Check this out!

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1010941-northern-exposure-revival

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 hours ago, bdutton said:

More plausible scenario would be Babylon 9 and they need to find out what happened to 5,6,7,8.

They already explained what ultimately happens to Babylon 5 in the final (and not so good) season

Doubt there would be a Babylon 6-9 station because the only reason there were 5 Babylon stations were the first 4 were destroyed or just plain vanished before completion

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

I like westerns. I'd like to see Gunsmoke and Have Gun, Will Travel updated.

I never cared for the television westerns when I was young, but listening to the radio versions of ‘Gunsmoke’ and ‘Have Gun...’ has been enjoyable in my old age.  ‘Have Gun...’ is unique in that the television version actually came first.  Its popularity gave rise to the radio program, where John Dehner portrayed Paladin.  Many old radio programs are masterful in how tight the stories are, due to the fact there’s no pictures to occupy the listener’s attention.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 1