TV Shows You Want Rebooted

Not a reboot, but a new chapter in "The Shield" since many of the great characters lived to see another day.  

A rare science fiction or geopolitical miniseries.  Something like the Day After, By Dawn's Early Light, V, Battlestar Galactica, The Stand.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Have you seen Angie Tribeca? It's the closest thing to Police Squad we're gonna get without Leslie Nielsen. Same type of low key slapstick.

nope I will check it out thanks.  ***** CBS cancelled Police Squad after only 6 episodes!   There used to be a great website jumptheshark.com.  TV guide bought them and ruined the sight.  The original was brilliant and had a category- the few, the proud- that shows never jumped the shark.  Police Squad was top of the list

Just now, Pete said:

nope I will check it out thanks.  ***** CBS cancelled Police Squad after only 6 episodes!   There used to be a great website jumptheshark.com.  TV guide bought them and ruined the sight.  The original was brilliant and had a category- the few, the proud- that shows never jumped the shark.  Police Squad was top of the list

Yeah.  I used to love that site. And my dad bought me the DVD one year for Christmas. I think the problem was how subtle a lot of the humor was. You couldn't multi-task and watch it. You had to really pay attention, and it was one of the few comedies from that era that didn't have a laugh track, which is much more common now.

1 minute ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Yeah.  I used to love that site. And my dad bought me the DVD one year for Christmas. I think the problem was how subtle a lot of the humor was. You couldn't multi-task and watch it. You had to really pay attention, and it was one of the few comedies from that era that didn't have a laugh track, which is much more common now.

nominated for two emmys!  And they still canned it.  I hope they canned the ceo of CBS for that *****up

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083466/

When the ABC TV Network cancelled the series after 6 episodes, ABC entertainment president Tony Thomopoulos claimed it was because "the viewer had to watch it in order to appreciate it." TV Guide magazine would condemn that statement as "The most stupid reason a network ever gave for ending a series.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

At least we got the movies with the Juice.

when I was watching that jeep drive around LA- I was like holy ***** Nurberg is going to off himself

what the hell are you doing in Detroit Nurberg?

They’ve already done Hawaii 5-0 and Magnum P.I., and I still can’t get my wife to consider a trip there. I think my couch is as close as I’m going to get. Inhumane treatment of a spouse, I tell you!  

• Haha (+1) 1